Final Cut Pro Help....... Kind of a NewB

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BiikeMike, Jan 12, 2007.

1. BiikeMike macrumors 65816

Sep 17, 2005
    So I've used Final Cut Pro plenty of times to do fairly basic editing, but now i'm running into a problem.

I still want to do pretty basic stuff, but it involved two cameras. I have two video clips that I captured, one from each camera, and I want a way to view them each at the same time so I can decide which one I want to cut to when. I looked in the help file, and all the stuff with multiclip didn't help at all.

There has to be an easy way to do this..... Can I just put one video track in one viewer, and another video track in another?

2. Moof1904 macrumors 65816

May 20, 2004
    Don't confuse the Viewer with the Canvas. They have separate roles and both are necessary. It's not a simple as viewing one clip in one and another clip in the other.

The Final Cut Pro User Manual (available from the Help menu) has a pretty decent section on the subject. Most of it is in Chapter 16 "Multiclips" (if you're in FCP 5, that is).
  3. BiikeMike thread starter macrumors 65816

Sep 17, 2005
    I got the multiclip thing to work, but the problem is, one of our cameras was having a power malfunction and cut off a few times. Is there a way to edit the clips in a multiclip once you have made it a multiclip? (AKA: I need to re-sync the clips at certain parts of the show, can I do that in a multiclip?)