Final cut pro log and capture help please

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Amy2005, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Amy2005 macrumors regular

Hi
    I'm trying to log some footage i got today for my final major project and i'm using my Pal mini dv cam to play the footage into log and capture. but when i connect the camera and open up final cut pro it says it cannot locate the device. please could someone tell my how to set it up so i can play my footage into final cut pro. It's already all set up to do this at college so i've never had too lol.
    Thanks
    Amy

2. psycho bob macrumors 6502a

psycho bob

Hi Amy,

I'll see if I can help. Where about in the UK are you studying by the way?

With Final Cut Pro open (regardless of the version your running) go to the Final Cut Pro menu and select Easy Setup. Now in the window that opens tick the little show all box then from the drop down select either DV-PAL or DV-PAL anamorphic. Select anamorphic if your camera is set to either widescreen or 16:9 mode. Then click setup.

If you get a warning saying Apple Firewire PAL device cannot be found connect your camera turn it on to TV or playback mode and click try again. With any luck it should now work.

3. Amy2005 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm studing at Craven College in Skipton, I'm doing a BTEC National Diploma in Media.
    I tried all those and I'm still having the same problems. I might have a look in the edit rooms in colelge on tuesday if i don't get it sorted before lol.

Thanks
    Amy

4. Amy2005 thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry, i posed in the mac os x thread first then found the digital video one.