Final Cut Pro Picture in Picture, and other options

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ZildjianKX, Sep 7, 2004.

1. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here it goes...

When you watch any Apple or Microsoft presentation, they generally show a powerpoint presentation, with the speaker in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. I'm trying to do the exact same thing for lectures at my work, but I'm trying to figure out the best way to do it. I know I can do it with final cut pro if I capture two different videos, but it's quite a hassle to do it for lectures everyday.

Does anyone know if there is some sort of video mixer that can take two videos and automate this? Or some other way to get this done? Some people have suggested making JPEGs out of the powerpoint, and doing it that way, but most of the powerpoints have embedded video...

2. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Does it not work to capture the video of the instructor speaking and embed that in the PowerPoint?

3. ZildjianKX thread starter macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

I don't think that would work, since I'm trying to archive both the instructor speaking and the powerpoint they are giving while they speak. If I embedded it in the powerpoint "after the fact," I'm pretty sure that when I changed slides, the powerpoint video would stop.

4. rand() macrumors regular

Offhand, I'd say grab an old Panasonic MX-50. This switcher can take in both video signals at once and scale, crop, and move the first input to the corner while using the second as a background. Then you can just output that to your VCR or other recording device as the lecture happens. That saves having to record a tape for the lecturer and for the Powerpoint. Easy peasy.

Lecture on!
    -rand()

5. paula1578 macrumors newbie

Powerpoint presentation to Final Cut Pro

I am trying to send a powerpoint presentation to final cut so I can edit it with the person that is giving a presentation like a picture in picture. But everytime I try doing that, the images from the powerpoint presentation loose a lot of quality and it comes out a little blured. What can I do to make it better. I have tried saving the slides in JPEG, didnt work, I have tried using Iwork, didnt work either, and have tried the movie option in powerpoint. They all give me the same result, not good enough. What can I do???????????? Thanks!!!

6. Rizvi1 macrumors 6502a

Laurel, MD (Baltimore, MD / Washington, DC area)
    slightly off topic, but this is an active Final cut thread so I thought I would ask. With final Cut Express, can you do editing to make something look like '24'? with the split screens and all?

7. mithrilfox macrumors regular

mithrilfox

Yes, but you should start another thread if you want more information about it. Search online for "picture in picture" and that'll show you the basic concept of how to do all sorts of things with multiple videos on screen.

8. Rizvi1 macrumors 6502a

Laurel, MD (Baltimore, MD / Washington, DC area)
    Thanks for the response. I forgot I even asked this though lol.. It's been like 3 months.