final cut pro question.....

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jaykub, Sep 5, 2004.

1. jaykub macrumors newbie

ok, I'm making a visual dvd to play when my band preforms, based off experimental footage I shot, textures shots, abstact footage, etc..... I also want to use some mpeg video clips off of the internet in there aswell....my question is this.... when I import the mpg/quicktime movie into final cut pro to edit it into the rest of the footage I shot, the mpg screen size is much smaller, ie. it doesnt fill the entire viewer (unlike the footage I shot), so how do I enlarge the mpg to fit the entire screen or basically be the same size as my footage? any advice would be greatly appreciated

2. DickArmAndHarT macrumors 6502

Once you import your footage into the timeline then highlight the scene and click Modify>Scale to Sequence. Or while the mpg clip is being shown in the canvas on the top of the window is three buttons. the one alll the way to the right when click has three options on top. Image,image+wireframe,wirefram. If you select The last to with the wireframe you can pull stretch the clip if it is selected and you can see the x across it and the frame around it. Hope this helps and good luck. I hope i didnt completely mis interpret your problem.

Cheers.

Dick

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

You can import the clip to the time line, double clickon it to make it show up in the viewer. Click on the motion tab and you have access to the scale of the whole clip. Since you might have different size clips, this is good for doing separate pieces.

Good luck,

D

4. jaykub thread starter macrumors newbie