Final Cut Pro quit unexpectedly

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by SMM, Jan 2, 2007.

1. SMM macrumors 65816

Sep 22, 2006
    Tiger Mountain - WA State
    I have been running this without issue on my mac pro. Over Christmas, my nephew gave me a copied CD with Magic Bullet v2.0 on it. He knows I do not pirate software, but said I could install it as 'demo'. he said it had many nice add-ins I might find worth investing in. So, I brought it home, popped it in and installed it, but not through FCP.

I tried launching FCP and received the message above. I have been traveling extensively and am now just trying to fix the problem. I did not have any documentation, so I am unsure if I missed something in the installation.

I would appreciate any thoughts before I begin exploring my options. I would also appreciate knowing what needs to be removed other than the FCP app itself. Is there a source for this information? I do not have a great deal of time to spend on this and may simply go for the quick and dirty re-install route.

Appreciate all help provided.
  2. -DH macrumors 65816

Nov 28, 2006
    Nashville Tennessee
    Assuming you have FCP 5.1 or higher installed on your Mac Pro, you'll probably find that the Magic Bullet plugins you were given aren't compatible with IntelMacs. Check with Red Giant Software to see if they have a compatible version of the plugins available on a trail basis.