Final cut pro X and optomized media

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by rdsii64, Oct 25, 2012.

  1. macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 14, 2008
    #1
    Until now I have always exported my eyetv footage in Prores 422 HQ. Then I opened the file in Final Cut Pro X and all is right with my world. Now the weird stuff starts.

    Last night i nuked my system drive and installed mountian lion from scratch. After I finished installing all my applications, everything ran much smother and snappier. (I should have done this instead of upgrading from 10.7)

    Anyway once I installed the latest version of eyetv, I noticed that the option to export as prores 422 was gone. there is however an option to export without changing the source file. If I do this, then click the optimized media option when importing to Final cut Pro X, will I still end up with prores 422 to edit? I tried to edit with apple intermedia codec. The problem with that is after the sharing the final product the end result was not as visually appealing as using Prores 422.
     
  2. macrumors 68030

    nateo200

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2009
    Location:
    NY State
    #2
    Sounds like your ProRes codecs are either moved to a new folder (this happened to allot with one of the Apple updates having multiple "Library" folders) or gone...Go diving through your folders, AIC is no way to edit, I've tried it and its not nearly as good as ProRes. If needed I can upload a ZIP file with the ProRes codecs or any others you might be missing if indeed you are missing them.
     
  3. thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 14, 2008
    #3
    figured it out

    thanks for the help. What I discovered is that my codecs were actually gone. I downloaded apples propac (its free now) and I once again have the option to export my eyetv footage as prores 422 HQ.
     
  4. macrumors 68030

    nateo200

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2009
    Location:
    NY State
    #4
    Damn thats weird that they just disappeared...didnt know the codecs were free now since I remember a few months ago they gouged you $20 for a crappy MPEG component....well good to here you got everything working again!
     

Share This Page