Final Cut Studio 5.1? On an Intel Mac...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by fiercetiger224, Apr 11, 2006.

1. fiercetiger224 macrumors 6502a

Has anyone tried Final Cut Studio on an Intel Mac? How is the performance? In about a month, I'll be putting some cash on a new iMac, and I'm wondering how much faster it runs. I'm running Final Cut Studio on my PowerBook G4 1 Ghz, and it's painfully slow.

I can only imagine how much faster it'll run on a new iMac Core Duo. :-D

2. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

There's been a lot of discussion out there (Apple boards for one). I recall the general feedback is that the 'new' Universal Studio 5.1 'screams' along with the Intel Macs.

An iMac wouldn't be my 1st choice for a Final Cut Studio machine, depending on how much expandability you're going to want in the future. Unfortunately I picked up my iMac before I got into Final Cut, although it's serving me well at the moment, an Intel PowerMac or $ reduced PM G5 is on my wishlist for later this year.

3. fiercetiger224 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah I've been checking their boards, and so far it seems like performance is awesome.

Well, I'll probably get both a MacBook Pro and a Power Mac (or whatever they decide to call the new Intel desktops) instead. But I'm waiting for Merom inside the MacBook Pros before I decide to get one. So basically, for Conroe and Merom, I'd have to wait until August/September, which is a little bit too long for me to wait. I need a new Mac now, but I simply don't want to spend money on something that is going to be much better later! Merom and Conroe show a 40% performance increase compared to Yonah! Blasphemy...

I'm just really interested in the performance of Final Cut Studio running on an Intel Mac. Maybe I could get an iMac Core Duo, then sell it when Merom and Conroe come! :-D

DOES ANYONE HAVE AN INTEL MAC RUNNING FINAL CUT STUDIO AS OF RIGHT NOW?! Input please. :D