Final Cut Studio 6?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by whoooaaahhhh, Mar 25, 2006.

1. whoooaaahhhh macrumors member

whoooaaahhhh

Any thing on the rumor mill about Final Cut Studio 6? I heard something a little while back that there were going to be two Final Cut packages at NAB. The Regular Final Cut for its regular price around 1299, and then another package around 3000-5000, that would have new programs designed especially for Digital Intermediate work. Heard this from a fairly reliable source, don't quote me on the prices, and no it wasn't anyone at apple!

2. 748s macrumors 6502a

748s

Think Secret had something on final cut extreme and fcp 6.
    If any updates or new products are coming N.A.B. would be the place to release them.

3. whoooaaahhhh thread starter macrumors member

whoooaaahhhh

Just as I suspected

Thanks man, sounds just like what I expected. As an editor, I hope that this will finally unseat AVID as king in the industry. It'll be interesting to see what the hardware requirements are now with the intel switch, since Mac Pros might not be out until August! Who knows!

4. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Nothing like reliable rumors... Think Secret's cost for the "high end" version of Final Cut is 2-3 times more than your "reliable source" and, based on everything I've read about Red Think Secret's price of "upwards of $200,000" is way off the mark.

IMO, some things FCP is really lacking compared to Avid is a robust media manager and the multi project/multi user environment. While a hi-end finishing app would add to the "wow" factor of Final Cut and give an easier path to hi-end finishing, I hope Apple addresses some of the less glamorous, but still important short comings of FCP.

Lethal

5. virus1 macrumors 65816

virus1

you mean final cut pro 6? or final cut studio 3?

6. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

I think we all know what he's talking about.

7. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

I was waiting for an NAB announcement for Final Cut Studio '6', but wasn't expecting it to be available for some time after that.

However I spotted this promotion for an Final Cut Studio discount when you buy a new PowerMac, iMac or MacBook Pro. It says it'll end June 26th.

So I'm assuming FCS6 won't be made available until sometime after this date, in which case I think I'll be picking up 5.1 sometime in the next couple of weeks.

8. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i too am waiting for the version of FCS as i'm interested in buying either an imac or a intel PM...

9. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

Did you see this promotion, or were you willing to wait until the next version of Final Cut Studio?

10. virus1 macrumors 65816

virus1

amen, man

11. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

12. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

I think we see FCE at NAB and Studio later. Reason is that they updated Studio just a few days ago to universal. The time between now and NAB is to short. My guess. But they say in the FCE version that the next version will be universal.

13. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

MacBook Pro 17inch but no FCP6?

Since Apple announced the 17-inch MBP, but nothing else, does that mean no FCP/Studio6 for NAB, or is it still too early in the week?

(I'm waiting on an announcement to judge my Studio purchase)

14. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

my boss went to NAB and left me here twiddling my thumbs... damn.

15. virus1 macrumors 65816

virus1

are you serious? that is nothing.. my dad is the cfo for euphonix (they make very high end audio systems for movies and broadcast and stuff), and he gets to go to nab tommorow. that just pisses me off. he gets to go as a cfo, and i, as a mac/video addict, dont...!

after thinking about it, i realized that it was a bit obvious that they weren't gonna be able to do fcs 6 for nab. they just released fcs 5.1 a month or two ago. the need for universal binaries threw them off thier annual nab schedule. so i imagne that it will come in the fall, but still very dissapointing.

so, no. i don't think they will announce fcs 6 at nab

16. mandoman macrumors 6502

mandoman

Been waiting to mail in my Soundtrack Pro disc to upgrade to FCS5.1 for NAB just in case FCP6 is announced. Just in case, I'm going to wait until the end of the week before sending it in...

17. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

I'm doing the same, although my bum's getting numb from sitting on the fence for a while ... :)

18. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

anyone know if apple did a new demo reel showing off Final Cut Studio?

19. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

well, the worst part is my boss usually invites me to tag along to these kinds of conferences and expos. No dice this time.