Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

markjones05

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 15, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
I own Final Cut Studio and recently upgraded from a dual 1 ghz powermac G4 to an Intel MacPro. I was told that I would need to upgrade my Final Cut software in order to run it but it seems to have installed andi am able to open it just fine. What is the benefit of getting this update and where can I got to get it and read more about it?

MovieCutter

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2005
Washington, DC
markjones05 said:
I own Final Cut Studio and recently upgraded from a dual 1 ghz powermac G4 to an Intel MacPro. I was told that I would need to upgrade my Final Cut software in order to run it but it seems to have installed andi am able to open it just fine. What is the benefit of getting this update and where can I got to get it and read more about it?

You'll probably notice a SIGNIFICANT performance increase from Final Cut 5.0 (which is what I assume you have now) to Final Cut 5.1. It's a universal binary. You can get the 5.1 "crossgrade" for $50 from Apple until mid-December.

http://www.apple.com/universal/crossgrade/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.