Final Cut Studio on new macbook pro

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by PWESTO, Jul 23, 2006.

1. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

BUy the f***ing software like the rest of us. Did you pirate AVID too? Or did you suddenly just cheap out?

2. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

We don't talk/allow this kind of stuff on this forum. I hate when people do this...

3. trudd macrumors regular

trudd

Seriously? Did you ask that?

Buy a copy of soundtrack pro, then send it in with $200 to Apple for the Studio upgrade. If you're too much of a flake to do that, you shouldn't have purchased a Mac.

4. PWESTO thread starter macrumors newbie

well i'm really sorry for asking, i'm not that bothered about a "cheap" copy i'd rather have the real thing what i really want to know is will it f***ing work with my macbook pro, i have paid for this so i will commit to paying for the real FCP if it works.
    Can you get off my back and help??

5. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Yes, it works beautifully. I've been cutting with it on my MBP for the past 2 months. No problems and it's faster than my Dual G5 Power Mac at work.

6. Lebowski macrumors 6502

ok, there are several very easy ways to find out compatibility with your machine. one of them being apple.com.

the issue here is publicly asking for a way to pirate software (especially on this forum) is frowned apon. Many if not all of the users who frequent this section of the forums, have invested lots of time and money learning, and purchasing legal versions of the software.

on a side note, getting defensive and indignant with people here because they dont want to give you free pro level software, is not a good way to gain a good rep around here.

7. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

So you dropped a few grand for a laptop specifically to switch to FCP yet you didn't even bother to check to see if the machine could run FCP prior to purchase?

Brilliant.

Lethal

8. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

Lol! Haha nice :D

Have to agree though, Dont Pirate software, the legal software you buy the better your products get, (more money for R&D) One reason i support Apple in that is becauase they put out good products, and I feel its an investment. Do it the leagal way... and if you dont, dont be stupid and publicly announce it to the world...

9. Lebowski macrumors 6502

this is what it seems like 90% of intel mac owners did. they all HAD to have this amazing cool super new technology, then got it home and realized there was no software available for it, then they proceed to come on forums and bash apple for being so dumb because adobe didnt have CS3 ready. no logic at all.

priceless.

10. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

Definetely agreed. If I'm going to spend nearly 2000 dollars on a machine, it better work with the software I'm going to use with it. If your going to pirate software, don't ask/tell about it on these forums or any other public forum, you will be bashed to bits.

11. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Precisely why I'm still with my AlPB 15", running all the Pro Apps and patiently waiting 'til it's time. Getting burned by a Rosetta in the past probably contributed to the decision to wait.

12. Lebowski macrumors 6502

i am sticking with my quad for at least 2 years. if not more. i played that whole "latest and greatest" game, and while i always had the hot new stuff, i quickly realized that i was wasting money for a "cool" factor. For the most part, my old 733 digital audio can handle alot of my day to day work (not at lightning speed, but it got the job done.) The longer you make a computer last, the more value you get out of it.

If i have a 3k computer, and do a handful of freelance jobs a month, within a few months, that computer is paid off. Then, every job i do after that is gravy in the bank. If i were to constantly update, i would always be paying off a computer, instead of earning money using it.

13. duncandeath macrumors member

duncandeath

well i never

you guys are a disgrace, somone calls on you for help and you strike your fellow man down. No enqiry, no questions, just asumptions.
    All he seems to want is a cheap copy, whats illegal and wrong with that.
    Im spitting feathers! clearly all this user wants is a second hand copy, I will give some advise try ebay or soundonsound.
    None of you guys made any suggestions to get a cheap, legal copy. All you have done is find time to talk about youselfs and diss our brother.

Look inside yourselfs and find the inner love.

14. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

That's probably because you had your head up your @$$. This guy just got done downloading it off of Limewire...which is piracy. You'll find that some of us in the Digital Video forum are professionals who paid good money for FCP and we have no sympathy for and no qualms about slamming someone trying to pirate it. It's quite obvious he was looking for a pirated or illegitimate copy...get with the program dude. Not to mention, the OP just doesn't make any sense, like Lethal said, he dropped a few grand on a computer, and he didn't check to see if that computer works with the software he's looking for. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

15. duncandeath macrumors member

duncandeath

i am shocked and appalled with the inplied use of language. I may have good lovin views on software pirates but at least Im not rude and offensive.

quite the potty mouth you have considering the moral highground you are perched on.

can you imagine the the smile it could bring to Pwestos face getting a nice cheap version of FCP, for me that would would be worth a thosand christmas’s.

Why would i have feathers up my bumbum?

16. RndmAxess macrumors regular

Shouldn't this thread go to wasteland?

Deleted