Final Cut with Grainy video and jerky playback

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Brad Bateman, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Brad Bateman macrumors newbie

Feb 25, 2005
    Hi. I'm running Final Cut Pro on a G4 PowerBook with 1G RAM and 1.5 processor. The video and audio playback is jerky and when I export, the video quality is very grainy and pixelated (much more poor than how it would look in iMovie for example).

I'm new to the program. I just updated updated my ram from 512 hoping that would fix it. No luck. Can anyone give me some advice?
  2. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

Jun 22, 2004
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    do you notice any problems when you are Capturing? I noticed that certain cameras/decks might have a problem with FCP if its not properly maintained. I had a Panasonic AG-DVX1000 DV Deck that I borrowed from my college, I put a DV tape in to capture and the sound was all screwy and the video was pixalated. I put the same tape in my camera and captured, and it was fine.

Only thing I can think of, is that it might be a capturing problem... also, are you capturing to the internal HD of the powerbook? if it has the stock 4200RPM drive, thats not good to capture too, and that might be the problem right there...