Final Fantasy 7

Discussion in 'Games' started by Nermal, Jan 18, 2004.

1. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Yeah, I know it's not a Mac game, but I'm playing it on my Mac via VPC :)

I've just been to Rocket Town and I've been told to go to the Temple of the Ancients. So I went there, but to get in I need the Keystone, and I've got no idea where to get it!

Can anyone help?

2. iJed macrumors 6502

Re: Final Fantasy 7

I suggest that you try http://www.gamefaqs.com/ for this kind of info.

Though if I remember correctly then the keystone should be in the prizes room near the battle arena in the Gold Saucer. You will then have to fight for it in the battle square. I may be completely wrong about this (since I have not played FF7 in quite a few years) so it is probably better to look at something on gamefaqs.

3. Nermal thread starter Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I don't want to know about www.gamefaqs.com because whenever I get stuck I'll find myself cheating, rather than exploring :rolleyes:

I'd prefer to just ask one question at a time when I'm totally stuck and can't figure anything out.

4. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

Go to the prize room in Gold Saucer (the prize room is in the battle square and is a small room off to the right of the main room). Inspect the Keystone and Dio will show up. Cloud will ask to borrow it, and Dio agrees to let him as long as Cloud gives the Battle Square a shot.

It doesn't mater if you win or lose, but only Cloud will be in the battle so arrange your Materia appropriately.

BTW, FF7 is the BEST console game EVAR.

5. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

Wow, are you talking about the Eidos port?

That game ran HORRIBLE on my old PC. It wasn't compatible with much. :p

6. neonart macrumors 65816

neonart

How does FF7 run in VPC?
    BTW, is there a Playstation emulator?

7. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

There are a couple of PSX emulators....mostly for the classic MacOS, with only 1 OS X one. It's okay, but it's very early in development and is barely playable.

8. Nermal thread starter Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

OK, I'm going to try to reply to 3 people at once :)

Daveman:
    Great, I found it. As for FF7 being the best console game, I wouldn't know, I don't own a console :rolleyes:

neoelectronaut:
    Well, it starts off with "Eidos Interactive Presents", so I'd have to answer Yes to your question.

neonart:
    It runs quite well on my 1.25 GHz G4 with 1.25 GB of memory and a Radeon 9000 Pro. I'm running under OS 9 because VPC is faster in 9 than X.

The best PSX emulator is the now-discontinued Virtual Game Station, which only runs in OS 9. It's available from this site.

9. Versello macrumors regular

ehhh... That game ran (when at the time my main PC was broken) on my Pentium 60 with a 3dfx Voodoo 1.

That game ran great on my Pentium 133 with the same Voodoo 1.

It must have been your graphics card...

oh ya... FF7 is one of the best RPG's :) Crapolla, FF8 was good too, but not quite as good as 7.

10. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

Well, my old video card was a Rage Pro, and it was extremely finicky with that game. (slow videos, out of sync characters over videos, crap overall)

11. Nermal thread starter Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

When I first got FF8, I tried it on my dad's system, with a Rage Pro, and it ran flawlessly IIRC. However, I've never tried FF7 on anything other than a GeForce4, and Virtual PC.