Final Fantasy 9 on FlareStorm

Discussion in 'Games' started by Nermal, Jul 19, 2003.

1. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Does anyone know how to get Final Fantasy 9 to work under FlareStorm? I can get most games running, but not FF9.

When I try to play it, I get the Sony logo, then the PlayStation logo, then get a black screen. I've waited until the CD drive spins down, but nothing happens. It doesn't get as far as "Published by Square Europe" or whatever it says.

I do recall running the game under ePSXe on Windows. I needed to use a .sbi file, which included some sort of copy-protection codes. I still have the .sbi files if I need them in FlareStorm.

Anyone know what to do?

2. jadam macrumors 6502a

jadam

well your problem is you running the PAL version of FF9 and it has some copy right protectio schemes built into it. What you have to do is apply a PPF patch to the CDs and burn them. Go to psx.emuscene.com then go to List and FFXI (err its FFIX but he types it as FFXI) and there is a link to get the PPF patches and instructions on how to intsall the PPF patch under the FAQ on that site.

Also FFIX works under VGS too just without saves, you have to use Frozengame to save/load. You need to place games.txt into your VGS folder which can also be located at psx.emuscene.com

3. Nermal thread starter Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I haven't got it going yet, but I've still got a couple of things to try.

Now I'm just wondering whether anyone can send me the VGS 1.4.1 update, or tell me where to get it from. The only one I could find ended up being for Windows :(