Final Fantasy VII Advent Children comes out tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Games' started by ReanimationLP, Apr 25, 2006.

1. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

Have you seen the commericals? :D

I can personally tell you they did a wonderful job with the English dubbing process. My brother works at a Blockbuster so he gets movies a week before they come out. It was awesome. :D

Anyone else anticapating this movie?

2. angelneo macrumors 68000

I have seen the Japanese version with English subtitles, I find it pretty good overall although I feel that the editing in the action scene is too fast and really hard to catch. As usual, the CGI is a beauty to see but I find Tika's body really out of proportion :p

3. ReanimationLP thread starter macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

Hey, they had to stay true to the game and her huge tits. >:p

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

IMO. Advent Children is just average at it's best...

Was looking forward to it, but it ultimatly left me as dissapointed as spirits within (though it is a lot better overall).

There's somthing cold and souless about these super real cgi films, it seems they can capture the motion and the pores on skin texture but all it does is emphasis what it really missing - 'there's no spirits within'....

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Ditto.

I've only played bits of FF7 so I can pretty much say this film was nothing but fan service. I got lost in parts. Plus I saw some bad problems towards the end. Polygons started popping up. And I'm sure there was something else in the cloned 'baptism' scene.

I just find it utterly terrible and frankly stupid that the game ends, the girl and the boss are dead. But noes! The boss comes back and Cloud can see the girl! I'm just not a fan of these Dallas/Dynasty style moments. I like consistency. Only the fight scenes entertained me in this, after all there was no story.

For a CGI film I think I'll watch Finding Nemo or Shrek. They at least made me laugh at times.

Though I found the phone ring tone pretty damn funny :D

6. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

Well one thing I think Advent has going for it is that it's much more focus on fantasy over realism as Spirits was.

And even though CG is souless, Pixar seems to do very well in this regard. Even the original Toy Story didn't seem that souless. Do you think this could be because they were giving life to something lifeless (toys)? Then again... I thought The Incredibles was great too.

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yeah. I was going to add, why do they need to make a character appear real, all that does is emphasise how fake they are. Look at Polar Express too.

With Shrek & ToyStory how is an ogre supposed to look at somthing? How does a toy interact with stuff? There is an air of unknown, plausible unreality.

We can sit down with suspended belief and enjoy the movie and then buy into the character. The characters are actually written better and have a more real sense than the hollow lifeless manequins square seemingly want to enflict on us.

With these super real ones we never get the opportunity to suspend belief, were constantly reminded (a close up of the eye reacting to somthing, the flicker of somthing or overly tossing of the hair) of that these are empty souless technical demos.

I have no doubt that one day there will be an excellent well written, ultra realistic all cgi movie. Just we arent there yet. After all most movies these days are mainly CGI movies (albeit with green screened actors - look at SinCity) and a real actor will always be better than these cgi puppets.

8. 7on macrumors 601

7on

I liked it though I've never played VII and I don't particularly like the story. I would rather se VIII somehow animated in the same manner. Or maybe VI.

9. Sutekidane macrumors 6502a

Sutekidane

It was okay when I saw it about 5 months ago... In my opinion it's too little, too later. I barely remember FFVII now, and don't really care what so ever, though back then, I thought it was god.

10. Miguey macrumors 6502

11. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

I found it less enjoyable than Spirits Within, I had trouble even getting through it... and I loved FFVII the game.