finalCut Pro-time remap

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by ambervideo, Jun 22, 2006.

1. ambervideo macrumors newbie

Hello everybody!:)
    First of all how do you remove a keyframe? I'm trying to do some time remapping and I don't know how to remove a keyfame without having to start over?
    And does anyone know why a video clip would get cut off after applying time remapping? I increased the speed which is going to shorten the length of the clip but when I render the clip it is getting cut short of the mark out point???
    Can anyone help me or point me in the direction of someone who can? this timing thing is driving me crazy!:confused:

2. LukeSkope macrumors newbie

I can tell you one thing that isn't going to be much help. Time remapping in FCP sucks major, major ass compared to AE (at least up to 4.5, can't speak for FCP5). Sorry, I know that isn't much help, but after searching around for good time remappimg techniques in FCP, I came to After Effects Time remapping, and it rocks, a bit tough to figure out at first, but once you'e in a groove, it is so easy, and the audio stays in sync!!

As far as deleting a keyframe, in the "Viewer", under the "Motion" tab, which I assume you have open to work with time remapping, in the "Nav" collum there is a circle with a diamond inside it and left/right pointing arrows on either side (that makes sense right?). Navigate through the keyframes with the left/right arrows, once you have the playhead over the keyframe you want to delete, the diamond should be green, click it and the keyframe dissapears.

Much easier to show than tell, but I hope that makes sense.

3. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

I've never had any success with FCP's time remap... in any version. I don't understand why the function has to limit the clip length to a predetermined duration, rather than adjust it to play 100% of the clip, at variable speeds. If you ever want to use it to slow down any part of a clip, you lose the end of the clip. Why would you ever want that?

I think this is one area of FCP that needs serious revision for version 6. Sorry I can't be of any help to you.

4. LukeSkope macrumors newbie

Seriously, and also, why does the audio not remap with the video or at least give the option for that. I edit a ton of skateboarding and, so slomo's are a must, having to jump between AE and FCP is something I've grown acustomed to, especially for titles, roto, stuff that AE is very good at, but good ramp slomo's in FCP would be so helpful for so many users.

Apple, are you listening???