Finally - an insider's look at Apple!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by AvSRoCkCO1067, Jan 2, 2006.

1. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

Hey everyone!

I'm sure many of you already know of this website, although I searched the forums for it and found nothing.

Either way, www.writersblocklive.com is a website where Mike Evangelist, a past employee of Apple, actually posts chapters of his upcoming book which details his experiences with Apple (including working with Steve Jobs, the keynotes, and even Cupertino!) Today (Monday, January 2nd), a number of noteworthy newspapers, including the Seattle Times and The Denver Post, had articles describing his website.

Check it out, and post anything you find interesting in this thread. Thanks!

2. zakatov macrumors 6502a

zakatov

3. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Blimey!

This is like Princess Diana's butler doing a tell-all book. I doubt it'll go over well with Steve Jobs. Mike Evangelist not making enough money with DVD production, he needs to whore out his experiences? It better be salacious, or else I'm not buying! ;)

Here's to the Crazy Ones [​IMG]

4. AvSRoCkCO1067 thread starter macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

lol it's true! Steve Jobs has been quoted saying "he'd prefer that this book not be published" and that "Evangelist will not receive any assistance from Apple"

5. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

As nearly as I can tell, this blog contains exactly one interesting article:

http://writersblocklive.com/part-3

The rest are a big so what. If he's planning a real tell-all book about Apple and Uncle Steve, he'd better get cracking!

6. chatin macrumors 6502

chatin

Will the real evangelist please stand up!

I wonder if Mike Evangelist is going to cover Apple's longtime Technology evangelist, Guy Kawasaki?

:)

On using a Thinkpad during a speech:
    "You can’t buy me, but you can rent me. So in this particular case, IBM was paying me tens of thousands of dollars to present to their group. For tens of thousands of dollars, ****, I’ll use anything.’’

- Guy Kawasaki

On why return to Apple is unlikely:
    "Used to be it was all the misfits. The renegades. The *******s. People who snowboard, not ski.’’

- Read between the lines!

7. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

He really can't say anything that's too top secret anyway, so its not like it matters.

8. silverback66 macrumors regular