Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JK.online

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 28, 2006
Hi guys!

Thanks to everyone for their help throughout the last week or so.
I ordered the stock white Macbook today (2.0GHz, 1GB RAM etc...)

Fingers crossed I have no problems.

Though if there is, what are the things I should look for right out of the box? If you just reply with things that have/may happen and that I should look for then I can compose a checklist for... you guessed it... things to check. This would also be pretty useful for anyone else who has bought a Macbook :)

Thank you very much for your help :)

Cheers.

Radam

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2006
The things you should look at is nothing, you should just bask in the glory of getting a new apple laptop, if you have to look for something that bothers you then its not worth having, because you are going to sit there and just look for bad stuff and not enjoy your laptop, Don't worry about it, if something happens during normal use then return it, you have a year.

JK.online

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 28, 2006
Though I'd still like to know what to look out for in case I do have to return it (within the 14 days)... any heat/cracking issues.

I just really hope there's nothing wrong with it. In all likelihood there won't be - people (mostly) only post here with their problems, not how good it is :)

jimijay

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2006
I'd invest in Applecare. Any problems that will arise will more than likely be after 14 days. With Applecare, you can rest assured you can call and complain about anything and they usually can fix it for you for free (and it lasts 3 years).

I love my Macbook but I've have a bad egg rev. A. Hopefully one more problem and I'll get a shiny new Core 2 duo (If you have a few severe hardware issues, Apple will give you a new one).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.