Finally got a desk for the G5

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by ArchiStudentG5, Oct 20, 2003.

1. macrumors newbie

Office Depot had this thing on the CHEAP and I had no where to put this thing so...

Well?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think it works. The hanging tower cradle wasn't big enough to hold the G5 tower so I put it on my desktop. I have grown to love the sight of the nicely designed innards. :D

2. macrumors 65816

mgargan1

yea, that's a nice table and all, but i think the thing that looks the best is that dual G5 system you have there... But that is a nice table. I personally like to have drawers and i like wood the best, but that is a pretty cool desk. But the computer is the highlight of that desk.

3. macrumors 65816

mgargan1

by the way... i think that you're not trying to show off you desk... more than that you're trying to show off your sweet ass computer... but hey, if I had it I would too ;)

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

OK OK it wasn't about the desk at all :)

Right now I have 5 people in architecture wanting me to render their Lightscape and FormZ stuff :D

5. macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

nice desk, but don't forget, the plastic air shield probably cools certain components better than an open case--

always good to keep these things properly cool, prolongs part life quite a bit...

:)
    pnw

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

Of course. The side panel was just off for photos. Just by looking one can tell that the plastic cover was molded to direct air flow.

7. macrumors member

Nice desk student, haven't managed to get one for myself at the moment so it's sitting on teh kitchen table which isn't that much unlike that desk, are there any opaque mouse mats that the optical mouse mat will work on as I might get a glass desk if the missus will let me.