Finally got a new iMac (WOOT!), don't be hatin'.

Discussion in 'Community' started by Cheese, Feb 20, 2005.

1. Cheese macrumors 6502

Dec 26, 2002
    In the refrigerated section at your grocer
    Don't hate me for trading the dusty old indigo G3 400, but it's only a bottom of the line G5. I love it. There'll be no whining here. The iMac G5 rocks! Great Apple support at C-USA, and no waiting. So now.. what is the most important thing to learn about Panther and my new iMac G5? Anyone?
  2. Platform macrumors 68030

Dec 30, 2004
    Well for people to help you what do you need help with :confused:
    And now you can add the iMac to your sig as well :D
  3. SteveC macrumors 6502

Jul 7, 2003
    Why would anyone hate you? ;) :p

Congrats on your new iMac!! :D
  4. quagmire macrumors 603

Apr 19, 2004
    I hate you because you went to ChumpUSA! :p

Really, that is a nice setup. I plan to replace my 5 year old Pmac G4 with a 20" iMac G5 rev b or c whenever is out by xmas. How much ram is in there?
  5. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

Nov 20, 2002
    Congrats on the new computer. I adore the new iMacs.

Lately I've been trying to decide between keeping my Powermac, selling my Display, and getting a 23" Display, OR - selling the whole lot, and getting a 20" iMac G5.
  6. Cheese thread starter macrumors 6502

Dec 26, 2002
    In the refrigerated section at your grocer
    Thanx for the kind words. ChumpUSA (he-he) was a fourty minute drive, and I've been waiting since the G5 iMacs were announced. It was all I could stand, so I jusy went for it. Though I could've gotten a bettter deal elsewhere, they are my nearest Apple connection, and their Gen-yoo-ine Apple dude, Bobby, is very knowledgable (and really kewl too!). The C-USA had only PNY ram, so I opted to not take my chances with getting it there. I have another 512 coming from a *critical* supplier, so I'll be at 768. quite a jump from a DV400 with 320mb running 10.2
    I do have a question for the MR masses of mac knowledge... I am running a DSL connection and want to connect both iMacs to one Cable/dsl modem. It was suggested that I obtain a Linksys cable/dsl router. I don't want to go wireless until I have the scratch to get a powerbook (hopefully G5 also), so I am wondering what other viable options I can utilize for linking these two great machines together and sharing a port into the www?