Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lordonuthin

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
last week

looks like our best week at about 1.7m points! maybe we will catch 2 mil/wk when the new guy gets his bigadv points, woo hoo :D

I'm begining to wonder whether we will get our points back from when that "glitch" hit? I had 1 bigadv as well as several other wu that never got posted, bummer...

May break down and get something new to run bigadv units on ;) since I haven't been able to get gpu's workin' for more points... since I don't have anyone around to keep me from spending money on computer stuff...

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
congrats to SciFrog for getting 3 million points!

yeah i don't think we'll get those points back. oh well. i'm also thinking about getting something to fold on as well. i'm wondering, would have a machine and putting in several video cards and running the gpu2 in windows be better? or just an i7 and run bigadv units? i was hoping some i7 systems would go onsale, but i can't really find any under $1,000

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
well i finally got 2 million now. i started this thread on 10/4/2009. today is 11/26/2009. so what is that, 53 days? considering how long it took for me to get to 1 million to begin with, i'm pretty happy with that

lordonuthin

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
congrats to SciFrog for getting 3 million points!

yeah i don't think we'll get those points back. oh well. i'm also thinking about getting something to fold on as well. i'm wondering, would have a machine and putting in several video cards and running the gpu2 in windows be better? or just an i7 and run bigadv units? i was hoping some i7 systems would go onsale, but i can't really find any under $1,000

Woo hoo, the big three O-O-O-O-O-O-O :p

It would be nice to see some comparisons of ppd for gpu vs bigadv, I'll try to find something.

well i finally got 2 million now. i started this thread on 10/4/2009. today is 11/26/2009. so what is that, 53 days? considering how long it took for me to get to 1 million to begin with, i'm pretty happy with that

Congrats! may the next mil go quickly by.

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
^ depressing but true. desktop computer hardware taking a back seat to iphones :( sad day

having been to CES, it's about 100x cooler than macworld i must say. it may just be the perfect forum to drum up more business

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
^ depressing but true. desktop computer hardware taking a back seat to iphones :( sad day

having been to CES, it's about 100x cooler than macworld i must say. it may just be the perfect forum to drum up more business

well apple isn't showing up to macworld anymore, right?

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
thanks! the points are coming faster these days. i guess they have to to keep up with you guys!

lordonuthin

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
congrats to whiterabbit for 4 million points!

Thanks.

I was over at kakaostats and saw there is someone new this week "elena", up only since tuesday and they already have over 4M points! Must be an institution with a wicked fast cluster? Some serious players out there...

SciFrog

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008
Thanks.

I was over at kakaostats and saw there is someone new this week "elena", up only since tuesday and they already have over 4M points! Must be an institution with a wicked fast cluster? Some serious players out there...

You are #103 cruncher for the whole project, whao!
And actually #1 and #2 are default user, not real...
Impressive.

Can't wait for Gulftown Mac Pros and SMP2 (maybe 60k PPD with one machine?).

lordonuthin

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
You are #103 cruncher for the hole project, whao!
Impressive.

Thanks!

The Gulftowns, SMP2 and GPU3 will make for an impressive bump in PPD I hope. It will be interesting to see, I'm hoping some overhead will get cleaned up as well.

I wonder what companies besides Apple will get their software ported for Grand Central/OpenCL in the next year? Lots of potential there.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
Thanks.

hey thanks for that link. i didn't know about kakaostats. nice

You are #103 cruncher for the whole project, whao!
Impressive.

yeah i'm just worried about the price of those new mac pros.

Thanks!

The Gulftowns, SMP2 and GPU3 will make for an impressive bump in PPD I hope. It will be interesting to see, I'm hoping some overhead will get cleaned up as well.

I wonder what companies besides Apple will get their software ported for Grand Central/OpenCL in the next year? Lots of potential there.

yeah i think we all are ready for smp2 and gpu3. should help us all really

Do far grand central/open cl has done nothing for mac users...

so far, yes. but hopefully soon that will change

lordonuthin

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Our team is at 2.147 million points for the last 7 days, the highest I've ever seen it!! Way to go Team!

Macrumors.com - Team Folding - 7 days 2,146,864 Total points 146,241M

We're catching up to those Greeks and will soon pass them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.