Finally happy with a digital camera

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by revisionA, Oct 17, 2005.

1. revisionA macrumors 6502

I spent the weekend with my new Fuji F10 pocket digital camera. The reason I got it is its enhanced light sensitivity, glass covered 2.5 lcd and antijitter. My previous camera was the trendy Sony dsc t-1.

Having up to iso1600 on automatic made taking club pictures amazing, although I would recommend the high speed setting if you are trying to shoot someone dancing (or try an uzi, just kidding!).

Price: $399
    Construction: metal and plastic, but nice. very simple controls. protected lcd, though you may scratch the hard coating if you just throw it into a bag. Sex appeal rating, 6 out of 10 (girls liked it when viewing pics and in operation, but sitting on the table it got no oohs or aahs.... the t-1 was hard to get back from girls...)

First saw it on i4u.com and then in Target. Compared to other new releases, not super thin, but still a little brick. It autosenses inactivity to first close the retracting lens (protects itself!) and then turn off the lcd (conserve power). The packaging says up to 500 photos on one charge, but I havent taken more than 30 pictures yet.

Compared to the t-1, this shoots much more like a 35mm camera would. I love the chrome film option, its adds a nice touch of surrealism. The pictbridge thingy comes standard and fuji's software is nice and simple for autonaming the files by date plus whatever you want to add (like for me, the name of the city or club I am in).

Google it first, but my impression is at least 4 out of 5 stars.

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I have one too and agree that it's a great little camera for the price. It's around the £200 in the UK. The F11 is due out in the UK and Europe only next month with add shutter and aperture priority modes to it. It's basically P&S at the moment.

One thing I have found with it is that it doesn't have very harsh sharpening in the camera so you may want to add some on the computer later.