Finally, I got an iPad with an awesome screen

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sza, Apr 5, 2012.

1. sza
    macrumors regular

My 3rd one. Apple genius said if it is the color issue, no more replace. I said no. They finally replaced it with a very good one.

Here are some tricks:
    1. Find a good displaying iPad in apple store and put your iPad above it. Set same brightness and same view (I used the "general settings" page). Show them the difference.
    2. It seems the iPad manufactured in early stage is better. They replaced mine with the one manufactured in week 2 in Jan. And it is great. My first one was manufactured in March, my 2nd one was in Feb.

Be picky and good Luck! :D

2. macrumors 6502a

Hello...

Congrats my week 6 was yellow , my week 9 is perfect!

3. macrumors 6502

My week 9 is great as well!

OP congrats on your purchase!

4. macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

Congrats! :D :apple: it would be nice if apple would acknowledge this screen issue so we do not have to go around exchanging. They should do recall and let us pick out perfect iPad in store. It's not our fault there should be additional QA done.

5. macrumors 6502

Yeah, keep dreaming. :rolleyes:

6. macrumors regular

My week 13 is also perfect, had a week 3 before. :)

7. macrumors regular

I just did an exchange tonight. Mine is a week 11 build. So far I am very pleased.

8. macrumors 6502a

kdoug

Mine is build week 11 and the screen is perfect. I'm on my 3rd and last one.

9. macrumors regular

It does seem as if the later weeks are better, here is my week 13 screen, no dead pixels or screen tint either:

Attached Files:

10. macrumors member

Agreed. Week 2 iPad here as well. Originally doubled down with 2 iPads from the Apple store knowing this yellow thing was still lingering. One was week 1 and the other was week 2. Week 1 looked piss yellow, had scratches and adhesive issues. Needless to say, iPad week 1 was immediately returned. iPad week 2 while not as "cool" as the iPad 2 was nowhere near the horrible yellow of iPad Week 1. Week 2 also had zero other issues and ended up being the keeper. Unfortunatly, it seems QC is left to the end user given the LCD panel lottery Apple has chosen to run with each and every device launch nowadays.

11. macrumors regular

How do you determine the manufacturing week of your ipad?

12. macrumors member

13. macrumors regular

Thanks. Week 5.

14. macrumors 65816

Time to find another flaw now. How is your volume button? Does it click too loud?

15. sza
    thread starter macrumors regular

Be reasonable. iPad is all about the screen, if there is something wrong with the screen, then you won't be able to have a better user experience.

16. macrumors 68000

richpjr

Come on now - that was kind of funny!

17. Chairman.Jobbie, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2012

macrumors regular

Time to check if your getting involved in discussions for the right reasons.

Maybe next time you get a defective product of any kind, however significant, don't post on here or discuss with anyone, just accept it.... never question it. Stay ignorant, I heard its blissful.

18. macrumors 68000

Wow. Some people need a sense of humour...

19. macrumors 603

nfl46

I compared the iPad 2 and iPad 3 screen tonight. It's a big difference, especially when you go into settings or any text related website. Even in safari, the buttons on the iPad 2 looked very pixelated. My eyes have a hard time adjusting to my 13" MBP now. I want high def everything now. Lol.

20. macrumors 6502

How do I found out the week number of mine?
    Similar story here, my first had a yellowish tint, my second had a huge wifi problem (cutting out constantly), but my third is perfect :)

21. macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

22. macrumors member

Production week 12 and it's a keeper after returning my uneven 'yellowutionary' first one. Bracing myself for the next issue. A pessimist is never disappointed.

23. macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I did not want to say anything but when I push the volume up button it is different than the volume down button. It seems like it is lower or sometimes to the left depending on how you are holding your iPad.

Should I return mine before something breaks?

24. macrumors 6502

Eadfrith

Id like to get an iPad..but all this discussion on this forum of screen problems make me a little reluctant to get one.

25. matttye, Apr 6, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2012

macrumors 601

B*llocks, pure and simple. Some of the "problems" people post about are absurd.