Finally ordered my macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by southbark, Dec 20, 2006.

1. southbark macrumors regular

Apple MacBook Pro MA610LL/A 15" Notebook PC (2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM, 120 GB Hard Drive, DVD/CD SuperDrive)
    Sold by: Amazon.com

I bought it at amzon because it cost 2477.17 dollars at the applestore with tax.I paid 2499.99 for it at amazon with a $150 mailin reabte thru amazon.com so it comes to $2349. Not sure if its a great deal but i got a mac thats what counts

I was curious does it come with extra crap or rather useless crap like windows pc do_Or is everything generally useful

2. Joony macrumors regular

Congrats! I got my C2D 2.16 a while back ago :)

iLife comes with it, and it's generally useful if you don't use anything higher end like photoshop, final cut, and such.

3. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

It's not like a Dell machine where there is tons of stuff you don't want. However, some people do re-install OS X because they can free up some space by getting rid of some of the language support.

4. islandman macrumors 6502

Congrats and welcome to the MacBook Pro club! :D

5. CEAbiscuit macrumors 6502a

CEAbiscuit

The office 2004 trial is pretty useless... too many open source optins for mac, plus you'd be paying full price I believe. Some people would disagree, but I think fo rthe most part everything is useful.

6. ToastMaster macrumors regular

ToastMaster

Yeah, I would agree with doing a fresh reinstall of OSX first thing, and just don't install stuff you don't want. I've been meaning to do so myself (since I didn't when I first got my Mac) but I haven't got around to it. Wish I had in the first place.