Finally ordered my macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by southbark, Dec 20, 2006.

1. southbark macrumors regular

Dec 15, 2006
    Apple MacBook Pro MA610LL/A 15" Notebook PC (2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM, 120 GB Hard Drive, DVD/CD SuperDrive)
    Sold by:

I bought it at amzon because it cost 2477.17 dollars at the applestore with tax.I paid 2499.99 for it at amazon with a $150 mailin reabte thru so it comes to $2349. Not sure if its a great deal but i got a mac thats what counts

I was curious does it come with extra crap or rather useless crap like windows pc do_Or is everything generally useful
  2. Joony macrumors regular

Jan 7, 2005
    Congrats! I got my C2D 2.16 a while back ago :)

iLife comes with it, and it's generally useful if you don't use anything higher end like photoshop, final cut, and such.
  3. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Oct 31, 2006
    It's not like a Dell machine where there is tons of stuff you don't want. However, some people do re-install OS X because they can free up some space by getting rid of some of the language support.
  4. islandman macrumors 6502

Sep 13, 2006
    Congrats and welcome to the MacBook Pro club! :D
  5. CEAbiscuit macrumors 6502a

Jun 28, 2006
    The Kitchen
    The office 2004 trial is pretty useless... too many open source optins for mac, plus you'd be paying full price I believe. Some people would disagree, but I think fo rthe most part everything is useful.
  6. ToastMaster macrumors regular

Nov 10, 2005
    Tacoma, WA
    Yeah, I would agree with doing a fresh reinstall of OSX first thing, and just don't install stuff you don't want. I've been meaning to do so myself (since I didn't when I first got my Mac) but I haven't got around to it. Wish I had in the first place.