Finally Purchased My First Mac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by NtotheIzoo, Aug 9, 2005.

1. NtotheIzoo macrumors regular

Finally....I did it, took the plunge....I just ordered the 12" Powerbook w/o superdrive. Was strugling b/w ibook and powerbook...but I said hey, wtf...I can't wait till it gets here...i also picked up an ipod mini for my sister...the total price was 1712.51...not too bad...i'm going to purchase a gig of ram, office for mac (T&S edition), and quicken 2006...from somewhere else online...

thanx to everyone for answering my questions...

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Congrats. You'll love it. :)

When does she arrive?

3. NtotheIzoo thread starter macrumors regular

I decided to purchase the 2/3 day shipping 4 $18...it said same day shipping, so I'm hoping for Friday...buy most likely Monday...which is ok...Monday is my orientation for law school....yipppeeeee :D

4. orijinal macrumors 6502

orijinal

just got my 12" super yesterday.

it's great! you'll love yours

5. berkleeboy210 macrumors 68000

Congrats on the purchase of the 12". That was my first ever Mac when steve first intro'd the 12" and 17" i was quick to jump on board. and am never looking back to the dark side. Just look @ my sig for thet collection of macs i have now. Steve has a lot of my money :p

6. kanpachi macrumors regular

I thought that law schools administer exams that require you to have a PC laptop (at least this is the case for all my friends attending law school). Hopefully you checked with your law school on this? :eek:

7. NtotheIzoo thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah...my law school is the same way...but I have a roomate that is letting me use his laptop for exams...I kinda lucky...

8. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme

Congrats!

I've never owned a 12" PB... but if I could have just one Mac that's the one I'd pick. I like my 15", but the 12" is SO portable.

9. NtotheIzoo thread starter macrumors regular

I'm typing this post on my 12" pb...I received in about an hour ago. I have already installed office on it...first impression....b e a utiful.....i love this little guy...i couldnt be happier...still have a lot to learn, but its worth it...yippeeeeeee :D

10. DJY macrumors 6502a

DJY

Welcome to the club!

I think it is a move that you won't ever regret... but the only down side is you now may have started a new obsession or compulsion... to not only use your new toy as much as possible... but also talk to mates about it at every opportunity!

Oh yes and then there is the cravings... for even more Mac gadgets!
    So many in the range... all look amazing... and [drewl] you'll want more and more.

11. persianpunisher macrumors regular

12. NtotheIzoo thread starter macrumors regular

University of Kansas....r u in law school???

13. persianpunisher macrumors regular