Finally...

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by dcb, Sep 10, 2003.

1. dcb macrumors member

After a little more than 5 months and countless headaches, Apple has finally agreed to replace my iBook! I won't get into all of the gory details, but I will say that the key is to deal with the Executive Customer Care team.

I have to post this because I have made my share of anti-apple comments...and now, I can sit back and actually enjoy my iBook and determine whether or not the "switch" was the right move. Apple as a company although still has a little more to prove before I jump on Steve Jobs bandwagon (simply because of the way they handled my "issues".

2. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

I'm glad you got your iBook replaced. Hope you enjoy it now that you have a working one! :D

A little bit of advice for other folks with logic board issues: If Apple replaces the logic board the first time it goes in for repair, demand a replacement if it has to go in again. Escalate your complaint if the need arises.

Remember, in any situation with any customer service department, the first person on the phone is there to follow the rules, not to bend them. The rules are almost never friendly to you. Escalate your complaint, however, and you will get to people that have increasing power to bend the rules, and in some cases break them.

3. dcb thread starter macrumors member

Just to let you know, Apple's policy is to only replace a computer if it is going in for thr FOURTH repair, and it is still at Apple's discretion! Of course, they say that each case is different and some people may get different results depending on who you deal with. Nonetheless, everyone says be friendly when dealing with these issues...don't be friendly. I only achieved results when I began to become an ******.

4. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

dcb-

True dat. I think it's a silly policy because by then Apple's lost money on the machine, and it seems like most iBooks that go in for one logic board wind up going in at least four times. Just demand a replacement the second time and be a total arse if you need to.

5. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Apple replaced my DVD drive w/o any problem. The key is AppleCare.

Sometimes, things get dicey, and that's when you call Cupertino. It always gets results.

dcb is right on the money with this one. Something like an "Executive Customer Care team" (I've never heard of this term myself, but I'm sure it's right) is exactly whom you want to deal with.

And kick butt, because that always makes people more amenable.