Finals Week

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by CubaTBird, Dec 12, 2005.

1. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

Apr 18, 2004
    It's finals week at my college, woot woot lol. How about for anyone else? You guys find yourselves pulling all-nighters yet? :eek:
  2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

Aug 20, 2005
    Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
    i have one more to go...i already finsh 2....yea baby!

3. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

Apr 18, 2004
    i have four more to go.. tomorrow is my first one.. and its math.. :( i have a 81 going in.. hopefully i will be able to keep it :eek:
  4. yg17 macrumors G5

Aug 1, 2004
    St. Louis, MO
    I've got 3 finals total this week.

I had English today, as well as calculus II. English I didn't even study for, because I was at the position where it was mathematically impossible to get an A in the class, yet to drop down to a C I would have to have failed it pretty bad. I ended up getting a C on the final and kept my B in the class.

Calculus II, ugh. Barley have a C in the class, so I pretty much need a C to keep my grade in there. I think I got at least a C, I'll know for sure at the end of the week.

Then Wednesday is Pychology. Have an A in there right now, need an 81 to keep the A, not too worried.

Then, there was the Java final I didn't have to take :D I guess the teacher figured with my 102% in the class, he could excuse me from the final
  5. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

Apr 18, 2004
    woah.. 102%? that's most awesome.. good job!
  6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

Aug 20, 2005
    Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
    i love being exempt from class.....except i havent yet:p

7. yg17 macrumors G5

Aug 1, 2004
    St. Louis, MO

The funny thing is, I didn't do sh*t to deserve it either. I skipped class often, and when I did go, I didn't pay any attention. I guess teaching myself PHP years ago, and taking the intro to C++ class last year just made the assignments and tests easy for me.
  8. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Nov 5, 2002
    one final on wednesday ... all multiple choice
  9. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

Apr 18, 2004
    yeah for some students their finals were earlier in the week.. today i had off.. while other students were fiercly pounding away at their finals on this day.. i was at home.. on macrumors :p well not all day haha
  10. MonksMac macrumors 6502a

Dec 5, 2005
    my finals aren't till next week! and weget out early on the 21st. :mad:
  11. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

May 2, 2005
    Being a senior in a fine arts high school, pretty much all my classes are not worth studying for.
    (well, except for calculus. MMM.. calculus)

I get out at noon every day this week (except for friday.. it's all over then, baybee!)

Let's see, tomorrow: Calculus( :eek: ), Government (hah.)
    Wednesday: Practice period (take a nap for two hours), BCIS (Goof off on MR for two hours)
    Thursday: Strings (I can't play.. gimpy, so goofing off on MR for 2 hours) and symphony (See "strings")

but, I still get to show up on thursday.
    *head on desk*

this time, next year, when I'm crying because of all my finance classes... I'll look back on this post and just sob even harder.
  12. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

Apr 18, 2004
    yeah i used to do the same thing in my web design class in hs.. goof off on macrumors that is..
  13. tsaxer macrumors regular

Feb 24, 2004
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    30 page paper due last week, 50 page paper due today (completed!), 25 page paper due thurs (not started), portfolio due wed... what year is it? why is everything shaking? do you have any coffee?
  14. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

Mar 3, 2004
    I'm lucky in the finals department. Since I'm poor, I can only afford part-time enrollment. I have one final and it's an in-class essay on several Dickinson poems.
  15. jestershinra macrumors regular

Sep 4, 2004
    To the people who don't have to take certain finals- I loved that last year. My spanish teacher let me not take it coz I had like 101%.

I have 8 ( :eek: ) this week. They are, in order:

P.E. (arguably the hardest-all anatomy, and worth 30% of the semester grade)
    Social Issues (a joke- mostly identity, drugs, and alcohol. Should be easy.)
    Science (not too hard, plus I'm mathematically guaranteed an A in the class)
    Nonfiction (brutal. Exceedingly arcane stuff there. Mostly obscure grammar.)
    Advanced Algebra (not too hard. Have an A now, expect to set the curve or be near it on the final)
    Biology (moderately difficult. Lots to memorize.)
    English (hard. Charting a hero's quest from memory. The easy but tedious part is a timed essay on the impact of Fate in Romeo and Juliet.)
    AP Spanish (20% done already-speaking. Hope I've studied the grammar enough, coz it's gonna be a very dense test.)

That's it. The week from hell, and then two to party. Ugh.
  16. puckhead193 macrumors G3

May 25, 2004
    I had one final on friday..... and a take home essay that i handed in yesterday- email is awsome, so today i left and now i'm back home
  17. homerjward macrumors 68030

May 11, 2004
    fig tree
    as much as i dislike finals (sophomore in high school fwiw) they signal the end of the semester, so they're good in my mind. we get out at 1:30 thursday on friday which is cool. the only ones i'm dreading are pre-calculus and world studies (combined english and world history). our pre-cal final is mostly about logs (i think) which we just learned last class for the express purpose of the test we have tomorrow :rolleyes: and world studies....well i just haven't done any work in that class so i don't know anything about to kill a mockingbird or greek history :eek:
  18. stridey macrumors 65816

Jan 21, 2005
    Massachusetts, Connecticut
    Yup, same here, and yeah, I've pulled a couple all-nighters.

I think it's great that you're on your first college finals. Seems like just yesterday it was July, and you were asking for advice about dorm life. :)
  19. Oryan macrumors 6502a

Apr 1, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    I've got my first one (physics) tomorrow. Then I have chemistry and differential equations on Thursday. Then I get to go home Friday!! (8 hour drive :( )
  20. MacFan782040 macrumors 6502a

Dec 1, 2003
    Scranton, PA
    1 down, 3 to go. 1 on Thurs, 2 on Friday. I'm not too worried.
  21. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Nov 17, 2003
    Wow, my college doesn't start till next week.
  22. g^3 macrumors member

Sep 24, 2005
    same here. after finals i graduate!!!!!!!! woooohooooo
  23. bursty macrumors 6502a

Jan 31, 2004
    Had my 2 hardest finals today and a blow-off final tomorrow. Then its straight to Colorado for two weeks of skiing/snowmobiling. :D
  24. Golden_315 macrumors member

Oct 20, 2005
    Argh. Finals. Well at least tommorow I have a Comp Sci Final on Java. That will be easy. However Wed brings about my ENGL-101 final. Oh man am I not looking forward to it. I don't even really know the books we were supposed to read. Oh I read them sure enough. I just don't know them. Great. Then my last final is first year Psychology. Easy enough. Then Freedom!

Let's just say after Thursday I wont be able to walk straight for awhile...
  25. kainjow Moderator emeritus

Jun 15, 2000
    I'd kill myself if I were you... I only have 1 10-day paper, and I can't bring myself to doing that...