FINALY, a small bluetooth mouse

Discussion in 'Community' started by DVW86, Feb 24, 2004.

1. DVW86 macrumors member

I just got this mouse (for a total of $55 off of ebay). It is the perfect fit I was looking for to go with my iBook. It has two buttons with a clickable scroll wheel, an on-off switch, is bluetooth, and is about half the size of Microsoft's and Logitech's. Both Microsoft's and Logitech's were too big, had too many buttons, and didn't have a power switch. They cost more too. As you can see it is about the same length of a standard USB adaptor. Here are a few links to it.
    http://bluetake.com/Products/BT500.htm
    http://www.coolbidnow.com/
    http://www.buypcdirect.com/

Attached Files:

2. DVW86 thread starter macrumors member

Just thought that I would include a photo of it next to my "standard" Logitech mouse. That little Bluetooth mouse is great :D

Attached Files:

3. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

Heh, well, I have the logitech mouse there at least.

4. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

I've hear that mouse is TOO small and occassionally unreliable. Anyone else have experience with it??

5. DVW86 thread starter macrumors member

Too small is a mater of opinion. It is just the right size I was looking for. As far as the reliability of it... I just got it so I couldn't say. I would be curios to hear peoples experience's though. So far it has performed very well.

6. TimDaddy macrumors 6502

Versailles, KY (and that's pronounced Vurr-sales)
    I used to love small mice, but now I'm going for bigger. The flatter I can lay my hand on it the better. I don't need cts at age 25. Anything that makes my hands feel better is what I'm going for. I wish Apple would make an ergonomic bluetooth keyboard.

7. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I have on and it stops tracking pretty consistently. It's rather annoying. The tech people tell me it's because of my mouse pad but it's the same mouse pad I used for a good 3 years at least with my Logitech MX700 with no problems... I dunno... I use it when I play games but that's about it. I'm not terribly impressed with the BlueTake mouse.

8. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

What do you mean exactly by 'stops tracking' do you have to turn the mouse off and on, restart the computer, how do you fix it? Also, how often? Once every 7 hours of use, or every 15 minutes?

9. AhmedFaisal Guest

Anyone got the Microsoft Bluetooth mouse and kept the software CD?

When I bought it I just had a mac so I thought I didn't need it and threw it away, now I also have a PC that I want to use it with and realized that friggin Mickeysoft doesn't offer the drivers for download. Anyone can provide me with a DMG of the driver CD by any chance?
    Cheers,

Ahmed

10. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Here's what I mean.

I can left click, right click, scroll wheel, and scroll wheel click but the mouse won't move on the screen. If I flip the mouse upside down the red light is permanently on. When the mouse is working it flickers just like any other optical mouse. To get it to work again I have to turn it off, wait for my Mac to tell me it can't find the mouse, and then turn it back on. Since the optical part of the mouse does that I'm assuming it's a hardware issue with the mouse.

As for frequency of this happening... sometimes it happens every 2 or 3 minutes... sometimes it happens once every few hours. Maybe it is mouse pad related. But I can't seem to find a pad that works well with it. To be honest I don't use the mouse that much anymore because it's annoying.

11. wPod macrumors 68000

wPod

anyone know a good bluetooth mouse about the size of the logitech in the pic? i have a logitech just like that (just diff color) and the size works well, i wouldnt want anything smaller

12. DVW86 thread starter macrumors member

You must have gotten a bum mouse. Mine seems to work fine. Too bad Bluetake won't stand behind their products.

13. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I'm still waiting for Mac Mice to release a Bluetooth version of The Mouse, looks almost exactly like the Apple mouse, except it has two buttons and a scroll wheel.

14. Dippo macrumors 65816

Dippo

I like big rats too, but I am thinking that maybe I might switch to a trackball mouse.

Anyone use something like this one???

[​IMG]

15. DVW86 thread starter macrumors member

I emailed Mac Mice and they said that they should have a Bluetooth version out in March.

16. TimDaddy macrumors 6502

Versailles, KY (and that's pronounced Vurr-sales)
    Cool! I've never seen that before. I dig it! But, my wife just got me a Kensington Studio Wireless mouse for my birthday. Actually, she accidentally got the one with the wire, but she was attempting to get the wireless because she knew I like it. I'm going to exchange it for the one she meant to get and pay the difference myself.

17. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

WOOHOO!!!

18. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Anybody know of a bluetooth trackball? That would actually be my preference...

19. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

For the longest time I couldn't find one (tho i haven't looked too recently), what i really want is a bluetooth trackpad, but peripheral trackpads for desktops never caught on and aren't really produced much anymore, so a bluetooth one is probably not coming anytime soon. Still, i think it'd be a great way to drive a computer-based home theater.

paul