FINALY!!! CoD2 360 Multiplayer patch released...

Discussion in 'Games' started by MRU, Mar 22, 2006.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

So they added a lobby... Whooopty do
    They limited you to 8 players... booooo
    They still haven't got rid of lag.... booooo
    No new map's at all..... boooooo

4 months for this. They are taking the **** right?
    Back to G.R.A.W

2. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I played CoD online for about 10 minutes when I first got it, it never captured me. The game itself was great, but I couldn't get into multiplayer. Out of the 6 360 games I have, only one I play online (PGR3).

When I did play CoD online, I didn't notice any lag but I will welcome the lobby, I am too used to the way Halo 2 is setup for online and any games that are different I struggle with.

3. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

That's it?!?!? Unbelievable!!!
    I've been looking forward to a lag free game for ages, and its still a no-go.
    Such a shame....
    Time to get into playing online with GRAW - haven't done it yet!

4. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

:confused: :confused: :confused: Put COD2 inside your 360. It downloads automatically...

But if you need someone else to tell you ;) try IGN

The Title Update allegedly improves multiplayer performance, which means minimizing the terrible lag issues surrounding COD2's multiplayer games. IGN jumped online to play several games, most of which were noticeably improved. Our first two games were smooth and lag-free, while the third unplayable

5. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

Hopefully it'll mean another patch at somepoint where all of the issues are ironed out... fingers crossed!

6. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

I played for 4 hours yesturday with no lag what so ever. All my freinds (about 14) who play COD2 on xbox live have'nt had any issues either. Check your connection buddy....Also check out the official forums HERE and look how ecstatic every1 is and loving the patch...

7. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    THERE IS A GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I dunno. GRAW has really sucked me in, but I completely own suckas on COD2... must...resist....playing...both...... *head explodes*

8. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Excellent news....i think:confused: ....need more stuff!! come on!

Bless

9. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

10. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

If the players say the lags all but gone, 'tis good enough for me! I'll be heading home to shoot me some Nazi's!

11. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Strange, it has improved certainly. I just been playing for about an hour and what seems to help is that you can now make sure there's not too many people from differnet countries (prefably all from the same) and it works better. Against Friends it's no problem, but the odd quick match still landered in lag problems, not as bad as before but certainly unplayable none the less.

I'd say 75% of the time connection was fine, but they still need to iron out that 25%

I just added you to my friends list Picaro (so if you get a request you know who it's come from) :)

We do need new maps, apparently the ones from the PC patch (which were free) will be released on marketplace at 200-400 points each :( :(