Finaly Found Apple videoPhone

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by madmax_2069, Feb 8, 2007.

1. madmax_2069 macrumors 6502a

madmax_2069

finaly with around 2 day's of looking My friend found a dead link to download it showing the filename. i then took the filename and let google work its magic. it found 3-4 sites that have it.

this is one site that has it Apple VideoPhone Lite 1.5 this was free from apple, but you could also buy it in a kit with a Cam back in the day for $250 USD give or take a few.

this like skype but this was made by apple and works in classic like Skype dont and many other Im clients that support video and audio also dont.

this relys on no outside servers like Skype, Yahoo, AIM, MSN uses. you connect directly to the Person useing a IP address of the other person to call them.

in many way's this is far better than anyother IM client. for one you can have a video conference with voice with one person or with multiple people. you can draw in real time with the other person watching you.you can share files. and text chat.

this will work in system 7.5 and above PPC only. i have it working in OS 9.2.2 i did have to extrack all the files from the Tomb file and put all the extracted files in there proper places sept a few i left out cause they was not needed. all of the extensions go into the Quicktime extensions folder.

2. madmax_2069 thread starter macrumors 6502a

madmax_2069

yea i ran into that site when i was looking for it, my intrest for this app was sparked when i seen a old topic on system 7 today from someone trying to find it. i was trying to use the links off that site into web archive wayback machine to try to get it but it would only go so far into apples site before i ran into it not being archived.

i forgot to add that this app will also work in classic mode in OS X