financial planning software for mac...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by proverbs, Mar 3, 2006.

1. proverbs macrumors 6502

i was looking for a good solid financial planning application for the mac...i think the standard one for windows is quicken, so something similiar to that would be nice. any suggestions?

2. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

Here this might help you :eek: :eek:

and OS X compatible too :cool:

3. proverbs thread starter macrumors 6502

awesome, thanks.

is there a mac app specifically for financial planning also?

4. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

This might be one or not but thats quickest search i found on 'financial planning software' for OS X.. :confused: :eek:

5. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

I use a little app called cashbox. It's free, and half decent.

6. Matt W macrumors newbie

Matt W

Budget

I needed to know this a few days ago as I have moved from a PC and found it hard to replace MS Money. I still didn't find anything as good as Money but the best alternative was Budget. It has the usual ledger view where you can see your account incomes and outgoings but also lets you reserve money in the envelopes for expenses you know are coming up.

Give it a go I found it to be the best.

By the way when I was looking into this I did a search of topic subjects in this forum with "finance software" and got a lot of useful results - that might help you too.

7. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that Quicken is available for the Mac. Might that be what you're looking for?

I don't use such software, so I'm not really sure what the best is, but I thought I'd mention Quicken.

8. emaja macrumors 68000

Quicken is the app that most people think about when it comes to personal finance, but I have heard that the Mac version is not very good. I don't use that kind of software - I spend my money too quickly - but I have heard that Moneydance is very good.

They have a free trial, so it is worth a shot.