Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

freebird2003

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 9, 2007
Hello,

I have a Jailbroken 3GS with iOS 5 [Baseband 04.26.08]. I have never tried Find My iPhone feature until now. I updated my Lion to 10.7.2 and created an Apple ID for iClould. I also used the same Apple ID on my iPhone to enable iCloud. I have turned off all other iCloud features except for Find my iPhone.

When I login from my mac safari http://www.icloud.com, My phone is listed under My devices but it is always offline. I have turned on 3G, Wi-fi and Location but despite numerous attempts, my iPhones is always stated offline.

I have even tried the airplane trick, turning on and off but still no luck. I have also installed the Find My iPhone app. It starts of "Locating..." and later "No location avaliable" is stated.

My map apps are working and all other location based apps are working and I am living in a country where GPS service is not banned.

I have tried Find My Mac and it works. I could send message and play sound.

Please advice.
Thanks you.

freebird2003

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 9, 2007
I have been experiencing exactly the same problems. I could never locate my iPhone 3gs using Find my iPhone on iOS 5. I have made sure that all the settings regarding location services and find my iPhone have been enabled, but it just always appears to be offline.
I started a thread a few days ago on this issue too.
https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=13622750#post13622750

Thanks for your reply. Is yours jailbroken too? It is really sad that we can't get FMi working. :(

It's either the jailbreak the baseband (most likely) or both. It does work on the 3GS

If the issue is caused by Jailbreak and/or old baseband, is there a tweak/patch in cydia to address this problem?

Thanks.

freebird2003

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 9, 2007
Solved!

Ok I have manage to get FMi working! (You phone must be jailbroken)

Here is what I did.:

1. Download iPusher App from App store. Test the push notification. If it says please wait even after few seconds, it means that push notification is not working on your iPhone.

2. go to cydia and add repo url for the application SAM ("Subscriber Artificial Module"), google "Subscriber Artificial Module"; you ll find the repo URL

3. install SAM and SAMpref

4. Go to Settings > SAM and touch "De-Activate iPhone"

5.Click "Revert Lockdownd to Stock" in Settings>SAM (its unactivating your Hacktivation)

6. Connect with iTunes and activate it (ifs there a problem, google SAM homepage or tutorials for further instructions)

7. If you already have "iPusher" app -> delete it

8. Navigate to Settings » SAM » Utilities » tap on Backup Activation and then tap on Restore Activation label

9. Reboot your iPhone and then sync it with iTunes

10. Install iPusher App

11. Reboot your iPhone and then sync it with iTunes. Make sure your iPhone is connected to a Wifi with an active internet connection

12. Open iPusher app and tap on Test Push Notifications button. If you see a pop-up saying Yay, push notifications work fine! then it means your Push Notifications are working fine

13. Now test FMi App, you should be able to send message and play sound and also location your iPhone.

At this point, you can uninstall SAM

================================

Now I had this issue after i did the above, my iMessage always showed waiting for activation.

Here is what I did : You have to restore your iphone again (No other solution). Use Redsn0w (Mac version) create custom firmware (Preserve Baseband.) Using Redsn0W put your iPhone to Special DFU and restore using that NO BB custom firmware. After that, jailbreak and deactivate your phone.

After reboot, Your phone will activate automatically. Now my iMessage is working as well as FMi

I hope it helps for anyone who have this problem. :)

GerMo

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2009

Here is what I did.:

1. Download iPusher App from App store. Test the push notification. If it says please wait even after few seconds, it means that push notification is not working on your iPhone.

2. go to cydia and add repo url for the application SAM ("Subscriber Artificial Module"), google "Subscriber Artificial Module"; you ll find the repo URL

5.Click "Revert Lockdownd to Stock" in Settings>SAM (its unactivating your Hacktivation)

6. Connect with iTunes and activate it (ifs there a problem, google SAM homepage or tutorials for further instructions)

8. Navigate to Settings » SAM » Utilities » tap on Backup Activation and then tap on Restore Activation label

10. Install iPusher App

11. Reboot your iPhone and then sync it with iTunes. Make sure your iPhone is connected to a Wifi with an active internet connection

12. Open iPusher app and tap on Test Push Notifications button. If you see a pop-up saying Yay, push notifications work fine! then it means your Push Notifications are working fine

13. Now test FMi App, you should be able to send message and play sound and also location your iPhone.

Now I had this issue after i did the above, my iMessage always showed waiting for activation.

Here is what I did : You have to restore your iphone again (No other solution). Use Redsn0w (Mac version) create custom firmware (Preserve Baseband.) Using Redsn0W put your iPhone to Special DFU and restore using that NO BB custom firmware. After that, jailbreak and deactivate your phone.

After reboot, Your phone will activate automatically. Now my iMessage is working as well as FMi

Thanks for sharing your success with us. But the thing is, my iPhone 3GS isn't jailbroken... It was previously carrier locked, and they helped me unlock it.

freebird2003

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 9, 2007
Thanks for sharing your success with us. But the thing is, my iPhone 3GS isn't jailbroken... It was previously carrier locked, and they helped me unlock it.

Did you try iPusher App? Can you able to get a push notification?

ilipaskalev

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2012

Here is what I did.:

10. Install iPusher App

WHere do I get Cydia for Ipad? I bought my Ipad from Apple directly to work with all mobile providers (so I guess it's jailbreaked) but the find my iphone service doesn't work ... it always show offline.
If I get Cydia, and do all above, will it also for for Ipad ?

diegotoro

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2012
My iPad is always "Offline" when I look for it.

I gues this is a similar problem, but when I log in to the icloud, it shows my iPhone location regardless of whether it's awake or asleep. My iPad on the other hand always shows as "Offline if it is alseep. It will only show located if I open it up. Anyone have any idea why this is and what I can do to fix this? If it ever actually gets stolen or lost I would have to depend on someone waking it up before the cloud could locate it.

Thanks,

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.