Find my iPhone

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by DJTaurus, Jan 20, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502a

Jan 31, 2012
    Whats the point of this app when you have find my iphone->on in icloud?
  2. macrumors Core

Jan 23, 2005
    If you have say an iPad or Macbook and they get stolen you could use the app on your iPhone to locate the stolen device. will not work in Safari on the iPhone so you would need the app.

If the only Apple device you own is the iPhone, then yes... there is not much point in you having the app.
  3. macrumors newbie

Feb 1, 2013
    So my wife and I each have an iPhone 5 and our own seperate iTunes accounts and iCloud accounts. Is it possible to set up Find my iPhone on both phones and use one to find the other? I am confused because it seems that you need to be using the same iCloud account on each device but the screenshots for the app show several phones with peoples names next to them. Is this not possible?
  4. macrumors 6502

Jan 7, 2012
    No, you will need to be on the same Apple ID account. An Apple ID supports up to 5 computers and 5 iDevices connected to iCloud. If you want to use two Apple IDs you will need to sign in to hers to find her iPhone and sign in to yours to find your iPhone
  5. macrumors 6502a

Dec 30, 2012
    If anyone steals your phone, they might be smart enough to turn it off, at which point it will not show up in the app anyway.
  6. macrumors 68030

Jul 7, 2009
    Uh, yes you can, I do this with my wife and a few friends. We can all see each other.