Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
Alright, so I installed Lion, iCloud, and set up my account in System Preferences, but how do I use Find My Mac and this new "Restart in Safari" feature?

I enabled it in the iCloud menu in "Mail, Contacts & Calendar", but I see no restart in Safari button or anything like that in the lock screen and when I sign into "Find my iPhone" it doesn't show my Macbook.

hssky97

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2010
Alright, so I installed Lion, iCloud, and set up my account in System Preferences, but how do I use Find My Mac and this new "Restart in Safari" feature?

I enabled it in the iCloud menu in "Mail, Contacts & Calendar", but I see no restart in Safari button or anything like that in the lock screen and when I sign into "Find my iPhone" it doesn't show my Macbook.

Well Lion isn't technically Golden Master yet but, it's pretty darn close to finish. All the features may not all be working at the time(w/iCloud and Lion), so you might just have to wait. I don't know why the Restart in Safari feature isn't working.

roblawton

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2007
Preston, UK
If you get the 'Find my iPhone' app, once you sign in with your Apple ID - You should get an option...

Mine located my MacBook Air and iPhone no problem!

img0030i.png

(Please note - The mac obviously has to be on, or it won't be located - Which is why you allow access to Safari if the computer is stolen! Good eh?!)

roblawton

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2007
Preston, UK
I assume once iCloud is fully operational, you'll be able to 'Find my iPhone / Find my iPad / Find my Mac' from iCloud's web service - As you would with MobileMe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.