Find My Mac?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, iCloud and Apple Services' started by Tmelon, Jun 12, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502a

Alright, so I installed Lion, iCloud, and set up my account in System Preferences, but how do I use Find My Mac and this new "Restart in Safari" feature?

I enabled it in the iCloud menu in "Mail, Contacts & Calendar", but I see no restart in Safari button or anything like that in the lock screen and when I sign into "Find my iPhone" it doesn't show my Macbook.

2. macrumors 6502

kppolich

is this a built in app for mac or did you download it?

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

The option is built into iCloud. I just don't understand how to use it.

4. macrumors regular

Well Lion isn't technically Golden Master yet but, it's pretty darn close to finish. All the features may not all be working at the time(w/iCloud and Lion), so you might just have to wait. I don't know why the Restart in Safari feature isn't working.

5. macrumors 6502

If you get the 'Find my iPhone' app, once you sign in with your Apple ID - You should get an option...

Mine located my MacBook Air and iPhone no problem!

[​IMG]

(Please note - The mac obviously has to be on, or it won't be located - Which is why you allow access to Safari if the computer is stolen! Good eh?!)

6. macrumors 6502

I assume once iCloud is fully operational, you'll be able to 'Find my iPhone / Find my iPad / Find my Mac' from iCloud's web service - As you would with MobileMe.

7. macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

access find my iphone/ipad through www.me.com and log on with your iCloud Apple ID.
    For restart to safari you just need to enable guest log-in in Users on System Preferences.