Finder and Dashboard dock icons won't change?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mmapples, Jun 2, 2006.

1. mmapples macrumors member

Feb 5, 2006
    I'm using CandyBar to change the icons, and the Dashboard icon is changed under both System and Applications. In Finder it looks like the one I want to change it to, but when I move it into the Dock it just looks like the default icon. The same thing happens with the Finder icon.

Any ideas?

Oh and to change the iCal icon, is there any way to change the way the icon looks when you have iCal running? It just looks weird to have it look one way when it's closed and change back to the default when it's open.
  2. MacsomJRR macrumors 6502a

Jul 8, 2003
    San Diego
    When I'm changing icons I just open up the info (cmd-I) for that app/file/folder and then paste the new icon where the one I want to change is in the info (top left).

I tried using Candybar and another app a while back but it just ended up screwing with a bunch of my icons and messing things up so I had to manually fix everything. PITA!
  3. mmapples thread starter macrumors member

Feb 5, 2006
    Do you have be an administrator for the dashboard and finder icons? Because those are the only two that are giving me problems with CandyBar.
  4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    have you tried chaning the icons in Candybar, then logging out and back in? that should fix it for you.
  5. itsallinurhead macrumors 6502

Apr 23, 2007
    Southern California
    In the new candy bar I can't change the icon for my internal hd. Any ideas?
  6. pdr5009 macrumors newbie

Aug 7, 2008
    Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same problem with Dashboard and iCal. Both have the new icons in finder but not on the dock
  7. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

Feb 24, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia & Bay Area
    Anybody have an answer?
    are not changing??