Finder color picker bug?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by treblah, Apr 1, 2006.

1. treblah macrumors 65816

treblah

Someone see if they can duplicate this:

Open the Applications folder: Command+J : Check 'This Window Only' Background Color, click on the color rectangle and then change the background color using the Magnifying glass color picker. OK the new color and then close the Applications window and reopen.

The color change?

Now close and reopen again. Back to the color you chose? Half the time it changes the other half it stays the same…

Did this about 10 times on 10.4.5 Intel with the same outcome every time. :confused:

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I couldn't get a replication of your problem. Umm... Any theme changers installed? Wanna delete com.apple.finder.plist and reboot? Dunno if it's really worth it though. :)

3. treblah thread starter macrumors 65816

treblah

This is a completely stock install, gonna try deleting the .plist.

4. keep walking macrumors newbie

well I have the same exact problem and this is also a stock machine without any themes installed,,, and it's annoying !! whenever I pick lime and reopen the window, it becomes tangerine; whenever I pick tangerine and reopen the window it becomes lime etc.. however, if I open a window while the view options is opened, then I see the color that I've picked !! anyone has any suggestions/solutions ??

thanx