Finder File Selection bug

Discussion in 'macOS' started by killmoms, Dec 3, 2005.

1. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Stupid forums. :/ Sorry, posted before I finished typing. Very odd.

Is anyone else having the same problem as me with file selection in the Finder in OS X 10.4.3? When a file is at the bottom of a metal Finder window in List view, and you go to select it, sometimes (but not always) you'll end up with that selected, as well as a bunch of other files below it. It seems to occur when a window is sized in just such a way that the line for that file is completely exposed, perhaps the top of the next selection area is just in the window... I'm not quite sure. In any event, it's quite annoying, as occasionally I'll go to double-click some file (or worse, application) at the bottom of a window, and suddenly I've launched 7 or 8 documents in 3 or 4 applications (or 8 different applications) because of this weird bug.

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

To resolve this problem, you will have to double-click on the text name of the file. When you do not click on the text the Finder will only select it. And if that file is at the bottom of a window, then it will go into scrolling select mode and select everything below the file.
    Click on the text and you'll have no more problems.