Finder labels making a return?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gopher, Dec 31, 2002.

1. gopher macrumors 65816

http://www.macintouch.com/mosxreader10.2pt42.html

So then when will this be?

Yes I'm aware of Unsanity's haxie.

2. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Interesting... maybe it will be a feature of 10.3? I never used labels much myself, but I understand how they could be valuable to some people. Maybe they will improve it somehow for OS X.

3. strider42 macrumors 65816

strider42

I hope they come back. its such a simple thing, but it can be relaly useful for many people, and doesn't negatively affect the user interface in any way. Should have been there a long time ago IMO

4. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

i really don't understand how people find them useful...i see them more as a distraction

5. gopher thread starter macrumors 65816

Labels are really useful in isolating extension sets. I could see
    someone labelling their plist files essential on a clean install of X to know what plist files have been added.

I can also see someone labelling folders inside one's documents folder as ones not to touch to communicate to others unfamiliar with X not to touch those folders. I've seen too many people accidently dump their Microsoft Office User Data and similar folders in their Documents folder or moving that folder to the desktop. If you use the Documents folder, be aware some folders are there for a purpose.

6. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

Old news... I posted this on september 25. with almost the same wording an a screen capture.

Link