FINDER NOT REMEMBERING SIZE

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by MacRy, Sep 29, 2004.

1. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

I don't know if anyone can help with this but since one of the recent updates (can't remember which one but I think it was a security update) my Hard Drive finder window just wont remember the last size and position. I sized it to full screen and it has worked fine like that for months now but everytime I reboot now it defaults back to the centre of the screen in a small size. I have other folders on my desktop and they all remember their size and position.

I've tried reparing permissions but that didn't help.

Anyone else had this problem?

Can anyone help?

2. advres Guest

advres

Unfortunately I can not help because I have the same problem. Not only does my HD window resize, it automatically defaults to icon view as well. I keep none of my windows in icon view. I can open it, resize, put it in column view and then close and it will stay like that until I reboot and then back to the same crap.

This started happening to me upon updating to 10.3.5.

3. MacRy thread starter macrumors 68040

MacRy

Yes mine defaults to that viewe too. I feel for you mate as it is extremely annoying. I guess that it could have been the 10.3.5 update that affected mine. Maybe someone here will be able to help us as I have had no joy finding any info out.