Finder relaunching on right click

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by eji, Feb 28, 2007.

1. eji macrumors 6502

eji

Finder is relaunching over and over. Must've done it about ten times today, and it started last night. I think I've narrowed it down to right clicks, though I do recall that it did it during one double left click when opening a folder.

Anyone got any easy solutions to this? A Google search suggested it might be the Stuffit 11 contextual menu plug-in, which would make sense in the right-click scenario. I installed Apple's RAW support last night but I can't imagine why it would make Finder unstable.

2. bored911 macrumors 6502

bored911

3. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

If Finder is crashing every time you right-click, it's possible there's something funky in your contextual menu items that is malformed or shouldn't be there.

Take a look in /Library/Contextual Menu Items to see if there's anything in there that shouldn't be there. Try removing it and see if that fixes the problem.

4. eji thread starter macrumors 6502

eji

@bored911: Yeah? An SMC/PMU reset for Finder issues? I can't really make the connection, but maybe that's my lack of imagination.

@epochblue: I ditched the Stuffit contextual menu item, and all's well so far. I don't really understand... I updated to 11.0.2 a while back, so it's not really clear why it would start acting up now. But, anyway, Finder has stopped its madness. For now.

5. AndrewS macrumors member

6. eji thread starter macrumors 6502

eji