Finder Software Engineer job opening

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Jan 26, 2006.

1. macrumors bot

[​IMG]

Category: Apple Software
    Link: Finder Software Engineer job opening
    Description:: The Finder team is seeking an energetic, motivated software engineer to help develop next generation versions of the Finder, the notorious file browser for Mac OS X.

Posted on MacBytes.com
    Approved by Mudbug

2. macrumors 68020

sunfast

I hope they find a good one - finder is in real need of some love and attention....

3. macrumors 65816

me_94501

Does anyone else find it funny that they describe the Finder as being "notorious"?

"The Finder team is seeking an energetic, motivated software engineer to help develop next generation versions of the Finder, the notorious file browser for Mac OS X."

4. macrumors demi-god

szark

Yeah, I burst out laughing when I read that. :D

However, it makes me concerned that they might not have improvements completed before the release of Leopard.

Then again, Steve can be a very effective slave driver. :cool:

5. Guest

ppc_michael

That made me laugh too. I guess notorious doesn't have to mean bad, just well-known. My guess would be that English is not the writer's first language. ;)

6. Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

They want an experienced C++ programmer who knows the STL and Boost libraries.

But why does it say "shipped shrink-wrapped products" under the preferred experience? It certainly doesn't mean that this programmer will be assigned to hand-package Finder.app in boxes for retail stores. But what does it mean? That they want somebody with the experience of delivering a finished product commercially? Why would that be part of the job?

7. macrumors member

finder for windows!! :p

8. macrumors 6502

That means that they want someone who has worked to create a product for a major software producer — eg one that does physical sales, not just on-line. It doesn't mean that they want someone who has actually done that themselves.

9. macrumors G5

nagromme

Of course they'll keep working on the Finder, that's no surprise, but it's good to see them so openly and directly addressing what is needed. (Actually... I'm not sure how being THAT open helped the job posting :p )

Interesting coincidence: a person just appeared on Monster.com listing "Finder Software Engineer" as his experience. (j/k)

10. macrumors member

They have a Finder team? What exactly have they been doing for the past 3 years? Playing with Interface Builder?

11. mvc
    macrumors 6502a

mvc

"Team", in this case, is clearly a euphemism for a dead goat, a deranged newt and 3 colourblind guinea pigs trapped in a soggy cardboard box inside the parking garage at 1 Infinite Loop, Cupertino.

12. macrumors 603

shadowfax

I always wondered why they changed finder to metal, and now I know....