Finder windows in List view

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Deepdale, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

Concerning customization, I know that choosing Icons view enables a user to select a color (also any picture) that will affect the current window or all subsequent ones if so desired. However, is there a way - even with assistance of a shareware/freeware product - to have a color substitute for the white background when viewing windows in List view? Thanks for any responses.

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

3. Deepdale thread starter macrumors 68000

Deepdale

That is what I mean. No way to have something in lieu of the white background?

4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Not in Finder in list view... I've been down this path before and although third-party haxies might do the trick, I'm reluctant to put them on my machines, either at work or at home.

Shapeshifter might be of some help but do so at your own risk.
    http://www.unsanity.com/haxies/shapeshifter

5. Deepdale thread starter macrumors 68000

Deepdale

BV, thank you as always. I suspected it was not going to be possible without assuming a certain risk factor by using outside products that permit a myriad of changes to the basic look and feel of the computer OS. I am sure I will eventually utilize selected shareware that extends one's choices, but I share your hesitation with respect to the matter I raised.

I expect to purchase my first laptop within the next 3-4 months, and I am so looking forward to it and sharing images of what desktop look and icons I decided on.