Finding a demo

Discussion in 'Games' started by Minus Blindfold, Oct 12, 2003.

1. Minus Blindfold macrumors newbie

Jun 23, 2003
    Does anyone now where I could find a demo of the Japanese game getAmped? I looked at Mac Game Files, but their link doesn't work anymore. Any Ideas?
  2. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Apr 20, 2003
    Hmm i looked at GetAmped's official site and the download link appears to be non-existant for me. you can try it here
    Best of luck
  3. ScottDodson macrumors 6502

Jan 31, 2003
    I feel your pain man...a while back I wanted to try this game sooooo bad. But I think you are out of luck. On the site the last update seems to be over a year ago, I think development went away for this game, thus the games not being on their server for download. And as far as finding it on any other sites, I believe it's the same since it looks like they were pretty strict on letting people host the game for d/l. Your best bet is to use Limewire or the sort to find the game...that's how I ended up finding it....(it was a free demo at one time, so I see no harm in d/ling it). I looked on Limewire today, and I did manage to catch someone sharing it :D Good luck
  4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    Well, according to them, they fixed something back in 2002 that was causing uploading problems for Mac OS X.

Anyway, I noticed this in the usage agreement:

7. You must not use the Software outside Japan.

Of course, I'm sure everyone would follow that anyway.

It looks so much like Marvel vs. Capcom. Is that what it really is?
  5. lewdvig macrumors 65816

Jan 1, 2002
    South Pole
    I played this at the GDC a couple of years ago. It was running on a G4! Its a Java game - they were in the Sun booth.

This game is really hard. Its like Final Fight, or Viewtiful Joe. Awesome! The graphics are wicked! Especially for Java. And the performance was very good.

I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THIS - we have to get it!!!