Finding a used ATI Radeon 9000 PRO

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by pbelmore, Sep 27, 2006.

1. pbelmore macrumors member

I have a four year old MDD dual 867 with the lowest rung video card (at the time). Now I want to upgrade it just a smidge to the ATI Radeon 9000 Pro (as you can see in in another thread, I only want this computer to last me another six months to a year before I give it to my parents).

How much do these cards usually go for? I've found these two (here and here) on eBay, and I was expecting something around $50. Am I thinking way too low? I mean, these weren't even truly top of the line four years ago, and they're still going for ~$75 used? Maybe I'm just not understanding.

2. booksacool1 macrumors 6502

IMO don't bother.
    The 9000 pro is a very very very slow card by modern standards. I'd say its definitely not worth it. I suggest either getting a 9800 pro or just don't bother and upgrade your machine sometime in the future. Even the 9800 pro is poor by todays standards, let alone the ancient 9000 pro.

3. disconap macrumors 68000

disconap

If you really want to upgrade, check for compatibility/ROMs at strangedogs and buy a chip mid-line PC card and flash it.

4. dbxz macrumors newbie

exactly...

you would probably spend more time and money trying to find a 9000... go for a 9200 or 9250 they are pretty cheap brand new and arent tooo hard to find.

9200 is about 40 bux depending on where u look...

if u cant find any u can get great deals on 9600's and 9800's... just look here http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1&fsoo=1

5. pbelmore thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the tips guys, but I need something with an ADC on it. I'm not about to buy a converter for my display (they run about $200, no?), so the flashed cards are out. Do those other cards have an ADC port on them?