Finding my EyeTV activation key

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Luis, Mar 14, 2008.

1. macrumors 65816

Luis

Ok, heres wht happened:

I got my EyeTV Hybrid for christmas and installed on my computer that very day and have been using it ever since. However, I recently gained knowledge of the new software, and would love to try some of the new features, but I want to use the "upgrade" program in which you use your activation key of EyeTV 2.5 to get a discounted price on EyeTV 3.0. The problem is that I have lost my box in which the serial number is printed, and have no written backup of it (I know, stupid), so I wonder if there's any way to retrieve the entered serial from any of my .plist files and such?

Mod note: I am not asking for anyone to send me their serial, since I have legally bought the product and have no intention of starting a piracy related thread.:eek:

2. macrumors 68030

iPhil

Your keycode for hybrid unit should be on a 3*5 plastic card separate from the box... :)

3. thread starter macrumors 65816

Luis

Well yeah, but what I mean is that i lost it...

4. macrumors 603

HLdan

Did you register your EyeTV software? If so Elgato could send you another serial key.

5. thread starter macrumors 65816

Luis

I'm not really sure, although I am pretty sure I didn't... How can I check if I registered my software?

6. macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

Contact customer support with your order number and other info. They should be able to send you a new serial.

7. thread starter macrumors 65816

Luis

Will this work if I bought the product from a local distributor? Or should I go to the distributor and ask them for the order number?

8. macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

No idea, but as long as you have a receipt that shows the item on it you should be OK.

9. thread starter macrumors 65816

Luis

Just an update for those who in the future deal with the same problem:

It seems that if you email Elgato your EyeTV .plist they will be able to recover the serial number and send it back to you! So it seems I solved my problem, thanks for the help.

10. macrumors 603

HLdan

Wow, great info! Glad it worked out. Did Elgato ask you to send them the .Plist?

11. thread starter macrumors 65816

Luis

I was actually looking around the Elgato support site and found the article where it says that (things that you never find but when you actually do, it becomes clear where it was). I'm still waiting for the response (sent the plist an hour ago), but i'm optimistic.

12. macrumors newbie

Recover EyeTV Activation Code

This worked for me, FINALLY!!

I have EyeTV installed on my laptop, and would rather use the setup on the desktop. The software wasn't registered with Elgato, but it is an official installation.

First, open the software and sign up for the newsletter: >Help>Subscribe to Newsletter

Then visit the Elgato page for Lost Activation Keys: http://my.eyetv.com/lost_keys

enter your email address. It will send you an email with the activation key.

One Million Years of Struggle Resolved!!!

13. macrumors newbie

EyeTV in Costa Rica

Hi, Luis, are you able to use EyeTV in Costa Rica? I have been told that they use a different signal and that it wouldn't work there. I am going there soon and would love to watch the world championship soccer on my iPad.