Finding others to chat with using iChat AV

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Switcher2001, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Switcher2001 macrumors member

Are there any online locators for users of iChat / iSight? I almost never see anyone in my iChat (AIM) buddy list who is video-enabled, and I'd like to expand my buddy list to include more buddies I could videochat with.

2. harveypooka macrumors 65816

Hmmm. Good idea. You might get some loons with video cameras though...
    I have this problem too; there's a new cross platform IM client that lets you video chat on MSN too....can't for the life of me remember the name. Anyone?

3. p0intblank macrumors 68030

You can always audio/video conference with Apple Stores. :D Or am I the only one who gets enjoyment out of chatting it up with strangers in a store...?

If you want it, I have a snapshot of the iChat contacts in the 5th Avenue Apple Store in New York City. I did it while I was there and e-mailed it to myself. :p

4. harveypooka macrumors 65816

What's the deal about the 'Adult' section? All these websites seem to have 'that' option. Dirty iChat!

5. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    Do a search on these Forums

I've seen at least two lengthy threads about MR users chatting together on iChat A/V to test out the multi chat stuff...

6. p0intblank macrumors 68030

For anyone that wants it, I attached a snapshot of the buddy list in the 5th Avenue Apple Store in New York City. Tons of people were online while I was in there, as well as video conferencing. Fun times! The format of the screen name is the following: ars095.01@mac.com, ars095.32@mac.com, and so on... Be sure to add the screen names under .Mac and not AIM.

Have fun! :)

Attached Files: