finding the elusive g5 dual 2.7

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Keebler, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Keebler macrumors 68030

Jun 20, 2005

i'm looking to add another mac to my arsenal of video to dvd transfer machines.
    i know some folks will say...BUY THE MACPRO, but for what i'm doing, a g5 dual will suit me fine for another few years....enough time to easily pay it off and make enough for whatever machine they have out then.

but i can't find one where i can still buy applecare. they seem few and far between. am i nuts? was this maybe not the most popular machine? or does my searching ability (ebay, craigslist, google) just suck?

i'm not looking to immediately buy, but still.... ugh.

any reputable stores out there carrying any? canada or the us preferably.
  2. ricgnzlzcr macrumors 6502a

Jun 7, 2005
    Make sure to post a WTB post in the marketplace section. I don't think that as many people purchased dual 2.7 powermacs in comparison to 2.5 and 2.0. Either way, good luck. Do you really NEED applecare on the powermac? Weigh your options when it comes to replacing parts if ever needed and decide if searching for this type of product is worth it.

Also, any reasons why you can't go for a dual 2.5 or 2.3?
  3. Keebler thread starter macrumors 68030

Jun 20, 2005
    I may post a wtb..good idea. i definitely feel better about having applecare. i've used it twice already (ipod and G4) and it was fast, fast service and it's good peace of mind knowing that if i have a hiccup, things will get fixed and i already paid for it.

this may sound crazy, but i thought they only made a quad 2.5 and not a dual? I wanted the 2.7 over the 2.3 b/c i seem to remember the bus speed being stronger (i could be wrong about that though). i don't want the quad b/c the prices are still a bit more than i want to spend.