Finding tunes not on iStore

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Howard Brazee, Jan 18, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502

Howard Brazee

I wanted to buy (I think) Kyu Sakamoto's The Sukiyaki Song. I didn't remember the author, so I went to the iTunes store and found a Japanese artist singing Sukiyaki. It was some kind of German melody I wasted 99 cents on.

Where else can I look for songs to buy legally?

2. macrumors 6502a

igucl

If you have a Windows PC, Walmart.com offers downloads in Windows Media format.

Other than that, I don't know of alternative sources besides subscription serivices like napster. I was also recently looking for another source since iTunes didn't have what I was looking for. I ended up buying the CD.

3. macrumors G3

Counterfit

emusic.com

And I'm intrigued by this "sukiyaki song". Is it a song about the food? :confused:

4. macrumors 6502

Howard Brazee

That's the American silly name for a song which became a monstor hit in 1963 - sung in Japanese with a vaguely Western (cowboy) style of music. I mentioned it to my wife and she didn't remember it, so I decided to download it.

Here's more:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ue_o_muite_arukō

5. macrumors 6502

Howard Brazee

I went to that site, clicked on the download music, and got the following message:

"We notice you're not using Internet Explorer. To continue, please visit this page using Internet Explorer 6.0 or later."

Apparently it wants Active-X or some other dangerous technology. I took a risk and opened IE - they don't have anything by this artist. I doubt I'll go back.