Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dannster

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
London, UK
Hi all,

Just installed iOS 6 and wondering how to install the betas for Find My Friends and Find My iPhone?

Do I just drag to iTunes?!

Cheers :)

socbrian

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2009
nc
These were already apps, there in the app store. Not sure if u can get the beta versions of them

quixers

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2007
They presumably have been updated with the new maps...

Yea so does anyone know how to install them? The betas are zip files - do they need to be signed before itunes will install them?

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
They presumably have been updated with the new maps...

Yea so does anyone know how to install them? The betas are zip files - do they need to be signed before itunes will install them?

Add them to iTunes then drag them to your phone on the left panel. They will install as well as a developer provisioning file.

jeremiah239

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2007
239 Area, FL
Download them, unzip them, and drag the .app into iTunes and it will replace the old ones with the beta apps. Then uninstall the apps from your iOS device and then sync that device with iTunes. You will now have the new beta apps on your device.

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
Download them, unzip them, and drag the .app into iTunes and it will replace the old ones with the beta apps. Then uninstall the apps from your iOS device and then sync that device with iTunes. You will now have the new beta apps on your device.

Syncing did not work for me for some reason, I had to drag the new apps to my phone. Oh well.

8a22a

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
Yorkshire, UK
Wish I hadn't bothered now, because I recently changed PCs I didn't have my apps synced with my current installation of iTunes and it's removed all my apps from their folders. :(

keirp

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2012
To Install the beta without iTunes

1) Download iPhone Configuration utility
2) Add the Find my Friends beta app into the applications tab
3) Connect your iOS device and install the app.

aarmstrong27

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2012
You need to be a developer to download the beta app. Same as with iOS 6 GM.

Any thought as to when these to apps will be out of beta? They work fine, but Find My Friends map always starts in Finland (or something like that) and I'm in the US. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.