Fingerprint scanners for os9?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Ben Kei, Oct 30, 2002.

1. Ben Kei macrumors regular

Hi there,

Is anybody aware of any fingerprint scanners that work with os9?

I'm a student in my final year of my degree in sonic arts at middlesex univerity in London UK.

I'm intending to write a piece of software to create music from the information in a fingerprint. Using MAX/MSP I have previously made software that uses barcodes and a barcode scanner to create music unique to the individual barcode. My idea was to do a more personal version using fingerprint scanners (biometrics). The problem is I'm having real difficulties tracking down a fingerprint scanner that works on with the mac os. I NEED it to work with mac os9.x....

If anybody knows of a fingerprint scanner (or even an iris scanner!) that works on os9 I'd be REALLY greatful

Thankyou. Ben Kei

2. Over Achiever macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

Hi, I've looked around before for a fingerprint scanner that works with MacOS X, but couldn't find any. I know this means nothing to you, but I couldn't find any biometric device that works with any MacOS!!!:eek::confused: I brought this up a couple of months ago, but hopefully you'll get better results this time around...

3. Ben Kei thread starter macrumors regular

Kinda bad news really :( but it's what I've come to realise.... I might have to get a PC one and sit down with a lecturer friend of mine and just put together a driver to get the data in, that's all I need! I can do the rest from there on.

Thanks for the help.

4. Ben Kei thread starter macrumors regular