fire help on a sony handycam

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Andr3w_g4, Nov 13, 2003.

1. Andr3w_g4 macrumors newbie

Nov 13, 2003
    Hi there everyone,

I'm new to the ''switch'', in fact, i received my g4 yesterday and I was trying to hook up my sony handycam dcr-trv33 to my g4 but nothing is working. Ive made sure on the menu on my handcam that everything is set, so why doesn't it show up on my desktop on my g4?? please help...anybody. i'm new here, so i hope i posted in the right place

2. arn macrumors god

Staff Member

Apr 9, 2001
    What are you trying to do with the cam?

You should have iMovie. Try launching that. It should recognize the cam allowing you to import/export movies. The cam itself won't mount onto your desktop (I don't believe) just by plugging it in.

3. Andr3w_g4 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 13, 2003
    i'm sorry, im an idiot, lol...i meant to say that i'm trying to do some video editing (i'm quite quite NEW to that too) and nothing happens when i connect the firewire port from m g4 to my handycam
  4. Macpoops macrumors 6502

Jan 15, 2002
    the handycam must be set to vcr mode(or what ever the oposite of camera is labeled) then launch iMovie is should just work fine. Oh and since your new make sure it is the firewire cable your using and not the USB wire.(I've seen it done before)
  5. crap freakboy macrumors 6502a

crap freakboy

Jul 17, 2002
    nar in Gainsborough, me duck
    If memory serves me (which it fails to do more often than not these days) doesnt setting to record mode work as well?